6.04.2010

another epic day, in arizon-i-a (pronounced "arizon-eye-eh")

So last night I was going to go to the gym.
But as I sat there thinking about it, I realized I would much rather go on a run then be stuck inside on a silly machine. Hello.
So I checked the temperature (because I get heat exhaustion like nobody's business) and oh what?
Weather.com said it was 99 degrees outside. Did I mention it was also 7:15 pm?
 Yeah welcome to Arizona.
After going downstairs and complaining about the un-runable conditions, I thought "hmmm maybe I should just go outside and check the temperature myself." And TA DA!
It was gorgeous. Probably pushing 90, but still gorgeous.
So I said to myself : "Self, go run"
And then I did.
And it was EPIC.

First of all, the sun started setting right after I left, and as many people know, Arizona sunsets are breathtaking. Plus, there was a light breeze and I had my iPod to keep me company. The mix of the 3 was just more than I could handle.
So now I have this terribly embarassing confession. It is moments like last night, when the combination of the beautiful desert and the weather and running and music just send me in to overdrive and THEN.
I sing.
Really loud.
While I am running.
Also, I may or may not dance a tiny little bit. But only when a Chris Brown or TI song comes on. So that is semi okay I guess.
Plus, most of my run, I am alone in the desert with no cars or people aka no audience. 
So I don't feel that bad about myself :)
Anyway, my main point is that my run last night was totally and completely, 108% epic.
It was gorgeous outside, this is what the sky looked like, and sometimes when things are that good,
you just can't help but sing and dance 

No comments:

Related posts

.