6.11.2010

mamma mia

My sweet mom is at girls camp for the week
Which has left me as pseudo mother for a few days, which I am fine with because I love taking care of my brothers and cleaning and such.
HOWEVER.
The past two days of my life have gone as follows:

Wake up.
Drive Mckay to football.
Go home and eat breakfast.
Drive Ty to sports camp.
Go home and shower.
Pick up Mckay from football.
Go home and hurry to either unload the dishwasher
feed maggie
or throw a load of laundry in and then
Pick Ty up from sports camp

This all goes on before noon
The rest of the afternoon consists of more driving
to friend's houses,
to walmart
to target
to the neighbors
to voice lessons
to the gas station...
BLAH BLAH BLAH

I am aware that the life of a mother is very busy, and includes many hours of being the proverbial "taxi" for the kiddos.
But I really really REALLY love driving, so I would think that task would be to my liking.
But by the end of the day yesterday, I was so sick of being in my car,
as great of a car as it is,
that when I had to get up and make the half hour drive in to work this morning,
I was super NOT excited.
Maybe it's because I used a half tank of gas in TWO DAYS.
Yeah, that just happened

So mostly what I am trying to say is my eyes have been opened *yet again* to the business of the life of my mom.... And most moms out there. I am so grateful for the hours she has spent hauling us around from school, to seminary, softball and football games, piano lessons, cross country meets, movies, friends houses, the pool, etc. It takes a great amount of patience and love to be a mom, and I am SO thankful that I can call this tremendous woman "mom"



What a beautiful woman! She is the kindest, most amazing chef-est, funniest, sassiest, amazing-est person I know. Aka my best-est friend ever.
I HEART YOU MAMMA!

No comments:

Related posts

.