1.09.2011

my dear aquaintance (and a happy new year)

That was the name of some random, and free, Regina Spektor song provided by itunes this time last year.
APPROPRIATE, RIGHT?
So, In case anyone missed the memo, it is now 2011. WHAT THE? Last year flew by! Like light speed, with a jet pack flew by! And as I have been pondering the whole thing, I realize A LOT goes on in one year. Like, A LOOOOT.
So here you go.

Happy 2010, and welcome 2011.

January:
Began my stint (aka 3 1/2 months) at BYU Idaho. Experienced what a truly frozen nose feels like, which is ultimately WEIRD.
Decided after 3 weeks that I missed BYU too much, and to go back in the fall. BEST. DECISION. EVER.
Drove to Provo to visit loves Nicole and Kaylie Anne. Experienced the malt shop for the first time and died.

February:
Became bestest-estest friends with my roommate Share bear. The start of many interesting escapades.
Fell in love with Middle Eastern Studies and Mass Media classes.
Watched a lot of olympics, especially with my favorite friend who was also a boy. Note strategic word placements.

March:
Rexburg duck pond adventure, followed by random visit to the animal shelter. Aka really fun roommate outing.
Visited Big Juds, only later to realize that it was featured on the food network once. We are so famosa.


April:
Bye bye BYU-I, hello mono. (i am so punny)

May:
Still hanging out with my buddy mono.
Trip to Utah for cousin Heidi's wedding.
Began working, yet again, at my favorite car dealership. No but really.

June:
Ate at Baja Fresh and went to World Market on a weekly basis, with my dearest friend Tiffy Diffy.
Hiked Camelback and LOVED every sweaty painful step of it.
Annual San Diego lovin.


July:
Trip to Hawaii with the fam. Swam with sting rays and reenacted the scene from Titanic where everyone is in the water going crazy and trying to drown one another.
Read a lot of really great books, including the dear "I Capture the Castle", a book I have decided is as much of a staple in the woman reader's diet as Jane Austen. Yeah, that just happened.

August:
Job hunted till my fingers bled, and then decided to move up to Utah a few weeks early.
Met the dear sweet roommates I would later be in love with.
Began my junior year of college. EEEP.

September:
Changed my major for the umpteenth time, and we are still happily together. I hope the Marriot School is ready for this!
Fell in love with Provo, Spanish, Football, and my friends all over again.

October:
Developed a full fledged obsession with autumn and cooking. And autumn cooking. Aka pumpkin EVERYTHING.
Annual Fall Fest in apt. 33
Surprise visit home for football games, all hallows eve and my birfday.


November:
Saw Mae for the 4th, final, and most epic time of my life.
Friend love-a-palooza at Pizza Pie Cafe.
HARRYBLOODYPOTTER
Thanksgiving with delightful friends and family
Began a really dear friendship


December:
Pwned Spanish (sort of)
A best friend and a cousin wedding
A really epic road trip
aaaaand a wonderful holiday with my family, friends, and awesome sauce dog.


If things keep up at this rate, I will probably blink and 2011 will be gone.


So here's to taking it one day at a time. Here's to working hard, and being a good friend. To making sure no time is wasted. To achieving goals, and making new friends. Experiencing new things. Learning, and doing A LOT of it. And most of all, enjoying all the ups and downs as they come.
Bring it, 2011. 

1 comment:

emily janette said...

1. i had never heard that song of regina's until, like a week ago. i know. horrible, right?
2. you are adorable.
3. you and claira poo are both adorable in that last photo.
4. i'm slightly obsessed with you. is that creepy?

Related posts

.