2.01.2011

and this week's obsession is...

The dream: A GLOBAL MARKETING STUDY ABROAD.

The destinations: New York, Milan, Venice, Florence, Geneva, Lausanne (I totally know where that is..), Dijon, Paris, Beijing, and India.
HOLY MOTHER RIGHT?!
Most incredible 4 weeks of my life, hands down.

The problem: it costs over 6,000 big ones. I KNOW RIGHT? For four bloody weeks! That's what an entire SEMESTER study abroad costs folks. Now to figure out how to pay for it! Maybe I should take a page out of the crazy cookie lady's book. She came over last night, pretty much demanding that we buy her "homebaked goods" to help her get to "Ohio to see my kiiiddss!" Yeah bullcrap, crazy. I know Costco cookies when I taste them. I just felt bad because:
a. her hair was a hott mess. And I mean, HOTT MESS.
b. her sketcher shoes with springs that belong in a mattress were just RIDICK.
c. she had some kahunas. I mean, to come through the whole apartment and ask us already poor college students for money? Really? How desperate could you be? And do you reaaaally have kids out in Ohio?? Really????

Anyways, if you didn't catch my drift, I did buy some cookies from here. And proceeded to eat 4 while watching the Bachelor. 
Cool Brooke. 
And that's why you won't ever go on a Global Marketing Study Abroad because you spend your money buying stupid things from all the Provo crazies.

le bigfatsigh

2 comments:

emily janette said...

1. i promise i am not a creeper. there's something about you that i always happen to get on my computer for the first time in awhile at the exact second you post something or reply to me or something. haaahaha. i swear!
2. bahhhahaha. you fell for her picture of the children? it was presh. but i said i had no money. (duhh.) why on earth she was asking college students for money, i don't understand. hopefully you enjoyed the cookie from crazy lady regardless? :) haaahahahahahahaha.

Raquel said...

ok that trip sounds amazing!! and if i were you i would do that AND a semester abroad if you can get away with it.
if not i would do the whole semester thing and make it count, because 4 weeks is not long to experience all of those cities and back to back would be exhausting.
on my semester abroad we lived abroad (obvi) and traveled about every other week to i think a total of 8 places, including 2 other countries. and flights are cheap once you're in europe so you can take even more trips on your own or with friends when there's no school.
anyway, i know everyone and their mom has gone on study abroads at byu but that's my advice!

Related posts

.