3.28.2011

Thank you sweet winter, but now we're desperate to move on

The lyrical genius of Daphne Loves Derby, brought to you by this sad Arizona girl who just wants to fast forward to Thursday when the weather will be a balmy 60, and then fast forward to Friday when the weather will be an even balmier 65. 
Because right now, it's snowing.
I KNOW RIGHT?!

On a happier note, I have some good things to share. 
Let's start with my love affair.
With seƱor music, of course.


*disclaimer: Someone (aka myself) popped some "letsbeobsessedwithmusictoday" pills this morning. I don't even feel bad about it. as obnoxious as it is*

1. THE STROKES PUT OUT A NEW ALBUM LAST WEEK EEP.
And what I have heard so far is BRILL. Reminiscent of their old stuff mixed with the vibe of Julian's solo album. Pure genius.
"hi, we're the strokes, and we're fly as youknowwhat"
2. Also, Owl City released a new single and his album will be out on May 17. Booyah. I cannot wait.
(As apathetic as that sounded, I promise I feel more passionately about it. So passionate in fact that I just can't sum it all up in words. And I'm not going to try because I would probs sound crazier than I already do. I LOVE ADAM YOUNG, OKAY?!)

3. Also also, I am this close to buying the Mumford and Sons "Sigh No More" album. Marcus's voice is filled with so much passion, I may or may not get teary when I listen to White Blank Page. 
Listen to it and just TRY to tell me you don't feel the same.


4. Also also also, guess who is going to the Arcade Fire concert in Orem on April 11? 
OH RIGHT. 
I AM.

5. Also also also also have you heard of the Reign of Kindo? No? Well they are phenominal. And this morning I was listening to their Pandora station and the first song to come on was freaking Mae, Just Let Go. If I wasn't in love before, I definitely am now. I mean let's be real.

So this weekend was really good.
Exhausting, but good.
Friday I reunion-ed with my girls from freshman year at Pizza Pie Cafe. 
Went to a show with future roommate, current roommate, roommate's fiance, roommate's brother, and other peeps.
Hit up Classic Skating for the ward party and almost DIED, both of a happiness induced bliss-seizure and a heart attack. Note to self, DO NOT try to talk to people or look up from the ground while skating. It requires 1000% attention or you WILL crash into a pole and die of internal bleeding.

Saturday I went to an intramural soccer game, again with my homies from friday. 
I'm kind of obsessed with them, just in case you weren't awares.
 Then we went to Kneaders for endless french toast, and WAH it was to die for.
Then, since I was going on negative sleep hours, I took 4 hours to do my normally 2 hours worth of econ homework. 
Then bachelorfriend Jenny and I watched a couple 24 episodes
Sidenote: I have decided I officially hate that show. Srsly. Like I'm not even going to finish watching it.

sorry Jack Bauer, you are 100% too intense for me

Then Sunday was just the best day ever, as per usual. 
I made some good food, hung out with some fantastic people, and just enjoyed the fantastic Sabbath. 
I am already counting down to next week. 
Specially cause its....
GENERAL CONFERENCE WOOT.

So that's basically all the cool things that went on this weekend.
And on my final note, I just want to share this. Because we all need this reminder s

“Look at you. You’re young. And you’re scared. Why are you so scared? Stop being paralyzed. Stop swallowing your words. Stop caring what other people think. Wear what you want. Say what you want. Listen to the music you want to listen to. Play it LOUD and dance to it. Go out for a drive at midnight and forget that you have school the next day. Stop waiting for Friday. Live now. Do it now. Take risks. Tell secrets. This life is yours. When are you going to realize that you can do whatever you want?”

1 comment:

Kimber said...

reign of kimbo is my new favorite band just bc of their name

Related posts

.