5.06.2011

dusk and summer

Shout out to my boy Chris Carrabba, whose music got me through high school (emo much?).

ALSO.

Here is my deal lately. 
I cannot get enough of this Blues-ey, southern style rock-n-roll.
A la this song, BB King, John Lee Hooker, etc. etc.
And basically every other song written by the Black Keys
There is just something magical about that raw, distorted guitar that gets me right here  
*points to heart*
Picture this:
-A day at the lake or a walk down some random river bank with your friends
-Tire swings
-Barbeques
-Vegging at the park
-Popsicles
-Bike rides
-Fireflies
-Bare feet on hot pavement
-Sunburns
-The 4th of July
-Driving with the windows down

Has your heart exploded with joy yet? Yes?
That's what I thought.
I'm so happy summer is almost here :)

Also I have officially decided that as much as I loved my old roommates, I really really love having 3 SINGLE roommates. Like girl time? Totally uninhibited by men! Whodathunk? I didn't realize how much I have missed that. I am greatly looking forward to the rest of the summer and partying with my girls all the time.

Finally, I have been thinking a lot lately about the books I read as a child.
And I have the best memories with them, for serious.
Some favorites that keep coming to mind are Sammy Keys, The Little House on the Prarie series, Ginger Pye, Mary Poppins, The Princess Diaries, The Egypt Game, The Legend of Jimmy Spoon, Dear America series, Ella Enchanted, and of course Harry Potter.
Also, how funny is it that my 6th grade teacher made me read 20000 Leagues Under the Sea?
I WAS TWELVE, PEOPLE. 
I feel like he thought I was way more capable than I really was, because I definitely gave up on that book. At least SOMEONE believed I could do it, right?!

UPDATE: whilst stumbling today, this is the website it took me to. I couldn't have been happier. Thanks for being so good to me stumbleupon. You know me too well.

No comments:

Related posts

.