10.25.2012

fall in the district

I figure I should probably document all this beauty before FRANKESTORM comes this weekend and ruins everything with cold weather and rain.
(I swear to you I saw a headline in which they gave that misnomer to hurricane Sandy.)

So when cooler weather started setting in a few weeks ago, I was gushing to a friend here about how much I love fall, and how much I miss being in Provo right now, as all things autumn are befalling that little city.
I mean hello, those glorious mountains?! Kill me!




THEN she went on to say that fall here in DC is way better than in Utah!
My initial reaction to such an audacious statement:, and I quote:
"PSSSSSHHHH"

However, I might have to eat my words a bit.
Because fall here IS beautiful.
It certainly doesn't compare to the majestic beauty of Provo canyon, 
but it lasts WAY longer here than in Utah! 
I mean, more than 2 weeks of legit autumn weather?!
It's awesome!
I mean, it's still pushing 70 degrees here most days, but all of the leaves are still glorious!
(Plus, it DID snow in Utah today so.... we win.)

So let's just say, I could never stop loving fall in Utah.




But fall in DC has not been disappointing in the least.

No comments:

Related posts

.