11.24.2012

happy weekend from ours to yours

Thanksgiving always fills my heart to the brim.

I was worried this year would be different, as it was my first one away from my family
(except for my darling husband of course)
but was pleasantly surprised.
This is what our day looked like:


I had a little moment while we were eating dinner that opened my eyes and made me so thankful to just be alive.

There Christian and I were,
surrounded by a throng of people so similar and yet so different from us.
All from different walks of life, 
here together in Washington D.C. for this 3 1/2 month period of time.

Everyone made and brought food to share, 
and with it came so much LOVE!
So much happiness and so much love.
Honestly, it felt just like I was there with my family, and I couldn't have been more grateful to be with the people from the Washington seminar program. 

That's what is so wonderful about this time of year. 
With the spirit of Christ that is so prevalent, I end up feeling a MUCH deeper love and connection with people. Some who are complete strangers, and others I've known for forever. 

And so, I'm making a goal to take the happiness I felt on Thanksgiving and channel it into my daily actions for the next month.

Because everyone deserves to feel that!

*thank you to Matthew Martin for the amazing video!*

1 comment:

Chantel said...

I love that video! Your friend did a really good job, and it really filled me with gratitude as well, because it just shows the love and service of people towards one another. Also, I know I say this all the time, but I think you are so beautiful! And I feel like you are one of my closest friends already. You are so amazing! I'm glad you had such a great and uniting T-day :)

Related posts

.