12.20.2012

a manifesto

One of the requirements for my advertising portfolio was a personal manifesto.
As I racked my brain for weeks, I realized I didn't really have any concrete thoughts in this regard.

Basically just a bunch of goals that equated to:
"I want to be a good person."
The end.

And so, after A LOT of time
(seriously it's embarrassing how long it took me to come up with this....)
Here it is.
And I'm not going to lie, I'm more inspired by it than I thought I would be. 
A great exercise if you're looking for a way to give yourself some concrete direction in life!

I want live life powerfully.
My actions guided by love.
Love that moves others,
lifts them up.
I want to make my spot in the universe exquisite.
To take what I've been given,
my relationships, talents, circumstances,
and make the most of them.
I want to live with my entire heart.
I want to be void of laziness, and full of powerful conviction.
Conviction that I can be the best wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend,
leader, athlete, artist, musician, and whatever else I want to be.
And not just do it.
But do it all powerfully.


And there you go.
A dose of inspiration.
Cheesy and cliche inspiration,
but inspiration nonetheless ;)

2 comments:

Chantel said...

This is spot-on beautiful!

Chantel said...

Okay, I'm ridiculous. Because I just read this again, so I'm going to comment again. 2 comments in a row - that's like.. stalker-status.

Anyway, I REALLY love this. Maybe it touches me so much because I really do feel like you live powerfully. You LOVE people, and you express with your full heart. And it makes me want to be the same. So inspiring!

Related posts

.