12.10.2012

and the award goes to....


So, sometimes things like this drive me crazy.
I mean, the whole blogging world drives me crazy sometimes.
BUT.
I adore Maddie and her cute blog, and thus I am running with this. 
I have been nominated for the Liebster award!
(discovering new bloggers!!)


here are the rules:
a. list 11 things about yourself
b. answer the questions the nominee created for you
c. choose 11 (or so) of your own favorite blogs to nominate
d. create 11 questions for them (or use the previous questions)
e. let them know they've won


a. about me:

1.  I am really good at the game Mad Gab. As in... don't even ATTEMPT to beat me.
2. I am really good at drinking water lightning fast.
3. I am really good at yelling so loud, and at such a decibel, that your eardrums MIGHT start bleeding.
4. I am really good at accents. Particularly as a New Yorker.
5. I am really good at eating things with sugar in them (AREN'T WE ALL?!)
6. I am really good at playing O Holy Night on the piano. And it only took me about 5 years!
7. I am really good at sleeping in.
8. I am really good at being an over enthusiastic Zumba-a-holic.
9. I am really good at dying my hair. Especially if there is red in it.
10. I am really good at being obsessed with Josh Groban.
11. I am really good at making really good lists. Har har.



b. questions for me:

1. What is your favorite Christmas tradition?
Oh man. We have always gotten new pajamas on Christmas Eve, and I LOVE that.
But the best part is when we all race to go put them on and I lose every time. 
I don't know why I act like I can beat my brothers, but after 13 years I'm still trying!

2. What color best fits your personality?
I would like to think yellow.
Yellow makes people happy, and that's something I try to be good at.

3. Do you like mustaches?
I mean.... this whole mustache craze that has taken over like, the WORLD?
I just don't really get it.
Like, it's not that funny to me. 
And trust me, I'm a hilarious person. 
So no. I guess I don't like them.

4. What is number one on your Christmas list?
Honestly, I want nothing more than this gorgeous nail polish.

5. N*SYNC or Backstreet Boys?
If you had asked me this 10 years ago,  I would have gone to my grave saying NSYNC. 
However seeing as how I have become an avid Backstreet Boy listener since my high school days
(are you kidding me?! Never Gone was SUCH a great album!)
I'm going to have to go with the latter.

6. What is your favorite physical trait?
Well... in others, I really appreciate someones smile. And teeth. 
In myself, I guess I like my hands a lot. Hence my obsession with nail polish.

7. Hot chocolate or apple cider?
Am I allowed to say Starbucks caramel apple cider? Because that stuff is like straight up crack.

8. If you could drop everything and go anywhere, where would you go?
Spain. No question.
Or if for some reason I didn't have a passport or something.... I would hurry my buns back to DC as fast as possible.

9. What is your favorite movie?
Since I think this is a terribly difficult question, I'm going to break the rules and tell you all the movies tied at number one. You've Got Mail, Shawshank Redemption, Little Women, Hot Rod and all the Lord of the Rings.

10. Who is your biggest role model?
Also a tough question. My mom is an amazing resilient, talented, beautiful and hilarious person. She has shaped my life more than almost anyone. But my sweet husband is a huge role model for me as well.
A day hasn't gone by in which he hasn't left me wanting to be so much better.

11. What is your favorite picture? (share it)

HAHA JUST KIDDING!

I know I'm biased, but come on HOW GORGEOUS IS THIS PICTURE?!

c. And now here are the blogging ladies I nominate!


d.. My questions for YOU!

1. If you could eat lunch with ANY famous person, who would it be and why?
2. If you could have any career, no strings attached, what would you want to do?
3. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
4. Google or Apple?
5. What is one thing you have learned about yourself in the last year?
6. What is one of your hidden talents?
7. Spring or Fall?
8. If you could be any animal, what would you be?
9. Beach or mountains? Why?
10. If you could only shop at one store for the rest of your life, what would it be?
11. If you could be an Olympic athlete in any sport, which would you pick?

And there you have it. 
Thank you to Maddie for this silly, 
albeit sweet and fun,
"discovering new bloggers" blogging award. 

I guess all I have to say is cheers to having less than 100 followers! 
*wink*

3 comments:

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

Spring or fall is a hard question! I am not sure I could choose between those.

danielle said...

Love your cute blog Brooke! You're such a talented writer. Thanks for the nomination :)

danielle said...

Love your cute blog Brooke! You're such a talented writer. Thanks for the nomination :)

Related posts

.