11.09.2013

telling my baby daddy

**First, I need to give a little shout out to the man featured in this post. Christian has done an amazing job taking care of me through this pregnancy thus far. I'm a very blessed girl and I can't wait to watch my sweet husband be a dad!**

Now that the sap fest is over.....
This pregnancy has been full of lots of funny things so far. 
Man, have I filed away a good barfing story or two!
(Or twelve!)

But one of my favorites is the way I broke the news to Christian. 
A little back story:
We knew that pregnancy was a very likely possibility
(let's be real, it was very strategically planned)
and being the anxious annie's we are, we bought some pregnancy tests a little prematurely. 
I took one the earliest I could, and it was negative. So we decided to wait it out for a few days before I did another one. Well, the first day of school rolled around I was feeling great. 
Chipper and happy, and abounding with energy. In fact, I spent 2 hours at the gym that morning like a boss.
(I would kill to feel that awesome again ha!)
So probably a little high on endorphins, I got home from my cycling class and was all
"HEY! Today is freaking great, why not take another pregnancy test!?"
Or something like that. 

 So I do my thing, and then I'm waiting and waiting and waiting.
And it's taking about 100% longer to emit results than my first test did, so I start freaking out because 
"I have been feeling so AWESOME, I can't possibly be pregnant can I?!"
About 3 minutes later, I walk back into the bathroom to see this.
(Sorry. Pee stick pictures are awky!)

And I immediately burst into tears. 
Obviously, I was BEYOND thrilled.
So my poor husband is already at school, hard at work in the library with NO IDEA what's going on at home. I considered waiting to tell him until we were together, or doing some cute announcement for him, or whatever...... and about 2 seconds later I decided that's the STUPIDEST THING EVER.

So I took a picture of the pregnancy test and sent it to him in an email.
(I know I know but guys I just couldn't wait!)
Followed by a frantic strand of g-chat messages, telling him to "CHECK YOUR EMAIL" of course.
So imagine. 
There's Christian, on the first day of a new semester, sitting in the library, and all the sudden he open his email to a positive pregnancy test from his wife. It's a miracle he didn't go into cardiac arrest!
And thankfully he was just as excited as I was.

3 comments:

Katheryn Wiederhold said...

Love this!

Nicole said...

So I haven't checked your blog in ages, but don't worry, I'm back to comment on everything in the world! I'm so happy your pregnancy is out and now I can talk about it endlessly! I love you!

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

Definitely made me smile and kind of laugh imaging myself, as a student, sitting next to someone who opened an email like that up in the library haha

Related posts

.