12.03.2013

bumpdate. or whatever.


How far along? 17 weeks
Weight gain: At my 14 weeks appointment, I literally hadn't gained a pound. I would bet I'm up by a pound or two at this point though. I mean, Thanksgiving right?
Sleep: Surprisingly gotten a little better now that my stomach isn't constantly churning. Still having psycho dreams, and trying to adjust to sleeping on my side (which is the WORST for this belly sleeper!).
Best moment of the week: Being able to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner! Normally it all would have made me feel super nauseous, but I did surprisingly well. That was a huge blessing this week.
Weird pregnancy moment: Looking in the mirror and seeing my growing belly. It's been throwing me off for the last several weeks! Also, my underwear hardly fits and it's driving me crazy.
Movement: None yet, but I'm getting close! I'm hoping baby gives mom a nice Christmas present and moves in the next few weeks.
Cravings: Everything citrus-y, frozen stuff, huge bowls of Chex, and and as many chips as I can shove in my mouth at a time. 
Anything making you queasy? The smell of our apartment, until we got the best air freshener in the world last week. Also looking at food still grosses me out in general, but I think that's on its way out. 
Gender? WE FIND OUT TOMORROW!
What I'm looking forward to: Feeling the baby move, knowing the gender so we can work on names, planning the delivery (a little premature, right?), and just everything we've got ahead of us. I'm hoping the worst is behind me (even though I can tell I've got some nasty days of back pain ahead!), and I'm super excited to just watch my belly grown and know that it's our child. It's nutso and so exciting!

2 comments:

Lana said...

Side/back sleeping is the worst. Just two weeks ago my boobs were finally small enough to sleep on my stomach. Oh glorious respite! It's been 15 months! And, while yes, your belly is cute, did you see your butt? It looks awesome. Is that too weird?

Raquel said...

I'm so excited for you!!!! You look beautiful pregnant. I bet you'll feel the baby before long, too. One of the best feelings ever!

Related posts

.