9.06.2018

i feel it in my fingers

The urge to write has been strong lately.
Actually, it feels more like a call than an urge. The call to record things for my family, to give my children a connection to their mother, and frankly to have a creative outlet.
(When you are so financially strapped, because #medicalbills, it helps when your creative outlet is also free ha!)

I've decided for the sake of my own sanity to compartmentalize my writing. Having a public blog feels so 2009, but also so indulgent. It's annoying. But honestly, typing is a much easier way for me write now.  I've had some issues, what I thought was carpal tunnel, for about 6 years, but it's gotten so much worse since my surgery. And I don't really want to have a bunch of random word documents... which brings me here. So I have a journal where I can physically write my deepest darkest feelings (because not EVERYTHING needs to be on the internet!), a scripture journal, the memento app where I can record small family tidbits and pictures that I don't want to post to instagram, but aren't worth the effort of a blogpost, but I still want somewhere (say that ten times fast), mom's one line a day journal, my planner, and this trusty old blog where I can write longer, more involved stories and really put the effort into my writing.
Whew.
I think I've got all the bases covered! ;)

So if you're here, thanks. I've so loved the friendships I've made with people who have found my blog, or I've found theirs. As a lover of people and reading, it's the best of both worlds for me.
And if no one is here and I'm just sending my words out into the universe, then thank you universe.
I have arrived, and I am just happy to be here.
This is something I've really felt strongly about, so prepare for a deep dive, starting....
Now.


2 comments:

Emily said...

I’m so glad you’re here.💛

Lauren said...

Still reading your blog always and forever.

Related posts

.