5.25.2010

lovely things


So I have been thinking, and I have decided that compiling a list like this is one of the best ways to a) help you see the beautiful things in the world, b) realize how much you have to be thankful for, and c) just plain make your day better. So, in light of the fact that I would like to do all of those things, here goes! The lovely things around me I have noticed lately aka mostly today and yesterday :)

1. Sunglasses. With the right pair of stunna shades, basically anyone can look awesome. Something about wearing sunglasses just makes me really happy. Maybe because it means it is actually sunny outside haha

2. The color blue. aka the color of my freshly painted bathroom, aka so lovely!

3. Relationships. Among family members, among coworkers, among friends, among lovers.... relationships are just so beautiful! They are such a huge part of what makes life worth living, and without them, I do not doubt that we would all suffocate. How lucky we are to love and be loved by the people around us!

4. Arizona. I feel so sorry for anyone who has never been to this lovely state of mine, and more specifically to Mesa. It is so beautiful here! The flora, the fauna, the smell of the morning, the freeways, the sunsets, the people, it all makes me happier than I can say. If Mesa was a man, we would get married for sure because I LOVE IT.

5. Lamps. I know this will probably sound retarded but whatevs. Lamps completely change the feeling of any room... from blah to ah! And the ones in my room are amazing. I am for reals, not much makes me happier than crawling in to my bed at night, turning on my lamps and reading for a bit before falling asleep. Let me just put it this way. I love lamp. haha.

6. And along the same lines, candles are pretty lovely too. I have developed a new night time routine which includes turning on my lamps duh, and THEN. I light some candles in my room. It is like the coziest, yummiest feeling and basically I am obsessed with any candle that smells slightly good.

7. Beauty products. I spend way too much money on the stuff but hello. Sephora is like Disneyland for me.

8. Nice people. The other day, my mom and I were at Ikea and we bought these ridiculous shelves that were pretty big and heavy. So there we are, in the parking lot, attempting to shove them all into the back of our car and the people next to us start backing out. But then all the sudden they stop, and the man driving got out and asked if he could help us! It was totally a no big deal gesture, but just the fact that he noticed us and offered his help was so amazing! And the other people in the parking lot were very impressed too. I am a firm believer in paying it forward, and helping people out like that is such a great day to make your day AND theirs better. I just want to give nice people hugs :)

9. "Map of the Problematique" by Muse. Holy cow I don't know what it is about this song, but it blows my mind. Something about the combination of sir Bellamy's voice, the distorted guitars, the piano, the epic-ness of it as a whole... GAH. That is about all I can say. And thank you Sharon for introducing me to this brilliant song :) Listen to it below and see for yourself. And tie your shoes, because it just might blow your socks off.

10. Crest white strips. What a brilliant invention! Honestly, I know there are a lot of things that a person can do for their appearance, but when someone has a nice smile, it changes everything! Going from dull to white makes the hugest hugest difference, not even kidding.

Welp, I think I have throughly exhausted this list. I could keep going and going, but basically that would be boring... plus I need more for later :)

1 comment:

Raquel said...

Brooksta! I love your lovely things and your lovely self. And I'm glad I can blog stalk you now :)

Related posts

.