6.28.2010

fist pump, it's the weekend!

That was the theme of friday-sunday, because the weekend was sooooo exciting.
Alright maybe not that exciting, but it was pretty delightful... with lots of activities aka this post is about to be a novel. Oh well I don't mind.

The activities included:
1. a death-like journey up Camelback Mountain Friday morning
2. a nannying palooza
3. LOTS of caffeinated beverages
4. pool time
5. pita jungle and yogurtland
6. great deals at urban, which resulted in the loss of all my nannying monies.
7. my first, and last, official dance party
AND
8. a dinner party fiesta, with lots of good eats and friends

Firstly, Camelback.
I am not sure what inspired this, but I am really into hiking right now. So naturally for our first hiking adventure of the summer, we decided to hike Camelback Moutain, aka the most difficult thing you could ever make yourself do in the city of Phoenix.
NBD.
Despite the required early morning waking time (4 am to be exact. dedicated right?), the heat, the boulders, the strenuous hills, and getting passed by the same black lady about 3 times, it was really fun. My girl Shawntae and another friend Dan proved to be excellent company. I was laughing probably the entire time. So much that a man stopped us on our way down and claimed that we were having too much fun for hiking Camelback.
Yeah well try hanging out with such great people all the time, sir.
You would collapse to the ground in laughter too.

before we were hating being alive. aka the beginning of the trek.

halfway view. I HEART AZ.

right about the time a grandpa came and told us the number one rule is "not to sit down". Thank you grandpa, let me ponder that while I relax on this boulder.

don't even tell me we didn't conquer that mountain. also, how great is dan's nacho shirt?

So then we went to breakfast at Crackers, probably completely negating the effects of the hike. But ask me if I care....... nope. It was delicious.
After a much needed shower, I had to go nanny for the rest of the day, night, and next day. It was quite the adventure, one that included cupcake making, swimming, robin hood watching, game playing... the works. Then Saturday afternoon when I finally made it home, I showered again
(I am really good at being dirty all the time during the summer)
and then the evening party began. Dinner at Pita Jungle with Shawntae and Kara was DIVINE, of course.... But for some reason my falafel was the size of my head so I couldn't finish... for once in my life.
Shame.
Thankfully that did leave enough room for some Yogurtland lovin, so what did we do? Went and loved all things frozen yogurt of course! Except they didn't have any gummy worms OR animal cookies and I was a little upset about that.

I did not eat three cups. Only a very large one. Also, don't mind my semi-ridiculous face.

Then we hit up Mill.
Oh how I love Mill.
For example, Gandolf was there painting murals for people. I wish I had a picture to prove it, it was a little scary but really funny. Just one reason why it is good to have a boyfriend with you when journeying up and down the street. Too bad no one is cool enough for that position at the moment :)
Also, urban is having the sale of the century right now. Mistake going inside, because naturally when everything is like TEN BUCKS, I have to get the top 7 favorite things I see.

Oh retail therapy, you will get the best of me one day.

Then at this point we decided we shouldn't spend any more money and so we headed to the party of the century. Aka my first legit legit legit dance party.

Let me just say... I love dancing.
But not in 150 degrees.
Not with 400 people
Not getting molested in a dance-like way.
In short, I am not all about dance parties.
And as a result, we left after about 30 short minutes of socializing and trying to stay cool.
Good thing we had QT and Las Sendas hill to keep us company :)

Now to Sunday.
Don't worry, I am alllmmoooosttttt done.
So we do this thing in my singles ward where someone hosts a dinner every month, and you sign up to go to whoever's house you desire. The point is to mingle with other singels in hopes of getting married probably. But I am not trying to do that every day, so I just go for a good time and lots of laughs. Which is almost guaranteed. Well last night, it was at my dearest Amy's house, so naturally I was assisting in every way possible. Aka I made salsa (which was pretty freaking good, i should add. Sorry to toot my own horn, but toot toot :), bought ice cream and made cookies.

Sometimes it is so fun to be domestic.

Then the gathering began. Basically I love my friends. They are so funny and adorable, I could smooch them all.
They actually make it tempting to just stay here in Mesa and attend ASU for the rest of my days.
That is like a huge deal.
So good job team, you make my heart super happy.

don't mind us, we just try to smoke everyone out of the house.

el gang

oh hi maternity dress

and the lovely hostesses.
ARRIBA!
*photos courtesy of amy lee berry, the bombshell in the middle. spanks :)*

So, as it turns out, I spent the last 4ish days pretty much NOT at home.
Which I am still coming to terms with because usually I am thheeee biggest home body.
I guess my family doesn't mind all that much, because when I rolled in the door last night at 9:30, I recieved zero ridicule.
Which is cool because I am really enjoying all these fun summertime activites.
Thank heavens for family
Thank heavens for friends
Thank heavens for the desert
Thank heavens for swimming pools
for sweet treats
for long drives
and fiestas
and life.
It's all pretty fun, if I haven't made that apparent enough :)

2 comments:

Kimber said...

um, agreed, camel back = death! but glad you did it, and i can only imagine all the laughing you did the whole way! i would hike that dang mountain again if it were with you.

i liked that you wrote "toot toot" :)

what is this yogurtland you keep mentioning? where is it?

who is this dan guy? he's come up like a majillion times now

and like usual, i loved every word of this post.

ps- you DO shop a lot, i can only imagine all the withdrawls you'll go through once you're married :) bahahahaha jk... no really :)

loves!

Brooke said...

thank you for pointing out my shopping disorder... i will stop i swear haha. and yogurtland is behind in-n-out off scottsdale road. i am absolutely taking you next time you come home. and hello silly head, i have only mentioned dan TWICE. and it's mostly because he makes me laugh like nobody's business. also, i think we should hike camelback with our spouses one day when i am married. so... i am thinking in about 5 years yeah? :)
p.s. am i supposed to comment on my own post? sometimes i am stillllll so blogging retarded haha

Related posts

.