6.22.2010

history does NOT repeat itself

Today's items of business:
1. My job
2. My hair
3. My teeth
Sorry that each of those began with "my". I am just soooooo self centered.

#1. My job
Alright so I was driving the 40 minute trek to work this morning and something occured to me, mostly because I was running REEALLLLLY late.
"Why were you running so late Brooke?"
Oh well it's all because I went on another epic bike ride this morning, but I left far later than usual aka 5:50am. Then my shower was longer than usual, I ate breakfast longer than usual and goofed around with mom (NOT longer than usual because that always happens.) Then I had to gas up aka give away my life savings to fill up my lovely car. But since I was at Circle K, I had to go inside and get a diet dr. pepper. I mean, it was 8:20am already. So then I finally got on the road, and of course all the slowest drivers in America decided to be driving on the 202 at the same time. Awesome. I was such the speed racer this morning.
So then as I was driving like the said speed racer I thought "Brooke, why are you so stressed about getting to work on time?"
 AND I REALIZED SOMETHING.
Ok, let me describe last year when I was home. I worked at Courtesy Chevrolet for about 7 months in between my adventures in Provo and Rexburg. And let me just tell you. If you are looking for a surefire way to have a heart attack or a hernia or both EVERY DAY, get the job I had. I know I get stressed pretty easily, but it truly was the most stressful  job of my life.
I loved it in the end, but everyone was crazy. Literally crazy.
SO. Fast forward to now.
I am working at Courtesy Chevrolet again, but this time it's in a new department, with a new boss, new people, new schedule, new everything. Including a new level of stress.
Aka..... NONE
No stress! It is the most chill job on the planet! (Hence the reason why I can blog every single day while I am here.... shhh don't tell...... it's because things are that un-busy!)
It has taken me forever to get used to this because I am not accustomed to not having a panic attack everyday. I feel like it is neccessary if I work here or something. But as I realized all of this on my drive this morning, I decided I am going to quit stressing about being late sometimes.
I am going to quit stressing about taking my lunch and my breaks.
I am going to quit stressing if people see me talking to other people.
BECAUSE IT IS NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL
and history is not repeating itself in the case of my job.
Ah I am so pleased with myself for finally getting smart :)

Ok #2. My hair.
Right.
So I like dying my hair.
A lot.
Like maybe I am in love with it.
And I am okay with that because it makes my heart happy.
Exhibit A.
 (Don't mind me, the fumes were obviously damaging the part of my brain that says "be normal for this picture Brooke". NBD)


HOWEVER.
My mom is usually less than thrilled with what I do with my locks. I mean it's not like I have ever been super black, or platinum blonde or anything. She just prefers my natural hair color.
(which is "dead mouse brown" by the way)
So it is always touch and go when I color my hair, whether or not my mom approves.
Well, alert the pope because the other day, this conversation happened:

Mckay: "Brooke, I really like your hair color right now"
Me: "Thanks Mckay". Happy to have his approval.
Mom: "Yeah I really really like it too. It looks great."

WHAT THE?!?!?!?!?
Huge deal in hair-dying-history. Mom likes my hair. That makes me happy. And this long and pointless paragraph was simply to notify the world of this.

#3. My teeth.
Such the dilema.
All I have to say is I really need to stop drinking a gallon of diet soda every day if all the money I spend on white strips is going to be worth while. I mean hello brown teeth? Not cute.
(For the record, my teeth are not brown. Don't tell people that, whoever you are.)

And one final thing. So I had mono from about March-May.
Yeah super awesome.
Anyhow, my tonsils came out to play like no body's business, and one day my mom came up with the awesome idea of documenting it. Aka she took a picture.
And I found it the other day.
Check this out
HAHA
so epically gross, I don't know how I was living with myself.

Anyways, on that awesome note
THE END

No comments:

Related posts

.