6.21.2010

Parcheesi is a game for heathens.


**Disclaimer: this is going to be a pretty lardy (aka super long) post. So brace yourselves. Whoever it is that decides it's a good idea to read this besides me HAHA.**

So this weekend was really a pretty great one. I mean, which weekend ISN'T great, but this one had an extra dose of greatness drizzled on top. 
Here is why.
First, every one in my family decided to ditch me on friday night so I had the WHOLE house to myself. MWAHAHA. Kidding I am so not a devil child, but it did give me the chance to do whatever the heck my little heart desired.
Which included:
1. A little retail therapy trip to Anthro. Don't even ask me how much I spent. Also while I was there, I saw this chair in the flesh and I heart it even more than when I saw it online. Kill me now, I want it SO BEEYAD!

2. Even more retail therapy with my girl Shawntae Ridenhour at Target. Showing a little more restraint, I only spent $13 yay AND got a great shirt. AH i love shopping a leeetle too much.

3. Party at yogurtland with aforementioned girl Shawntae and our new, slightly hilarious friend Dan. I may or may not think he is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Also, I typed that as "beard" as first. Sliced beard HAHAHA.

4. More party, this time back at my house with lots of chips, salsa, starburst and rockband. After Dan left around 12:14 am, Shawntae and I assumed our posts as we waited for lover Amy Berry to get off work and show up for the fiesta. Which she finally did around 1:45 am the poor dear. What happened between then and about 4 am when we finally fell asleep pretty much I don't remember because I was so tired, but we laughed. A lot. Good thing my friends and I are all so funny. It makes life more exciting :)

 This was not friday night, but the point is this. Aren't they so lovely? I mean for reals.

So then Saturday my adorable brother Mckay got home from scout camp wahoo and we decided that we should go visit the parents, aka swim in the sweet pool, at the Hyatt in Scottsdale where they spent the weekend. It was BOMB. Got a little sunkissed, drank legit drinks minus alcohol, lalala the works. I love my family, they are really funny and great to be with. Especially horsing around in the pool :) Then we came home just in time for Ty getting home from his scout camp, ate leftover Thai food (my lips are still on fire when I think about that. Sidenote about myself: I do not do spicy well. AT ALL.), and then watched I am Legend. I still cry when the dog dies and when Will Smith is talking to that mannequin in the movie store. Another sidenote:
I LOVE WILL SMITH.
Then after that palooza, we were all too tired to do anything else so what do we do? Oh hey, watch another movie. We are really good at marathon movie watching at my house. But it's ok, because it was an AWESOME one. Men of Honor with Cuba Gooding Jr. I am not sure what it's rated because we recorded it on t.v., but I highly highly highly recommend it.



Then sunday of course was Father's Day. I already compiled my great birthday post a week ago, but I will say it again. I love my dad con todo mi corazon, enough said. After going to my favorite singles ward, we did the standard blast M. Buble, grill, set the table, eat dinner, dance around dishes party. Then we opened dad's gifts, shared our favorite things about him and decided to play a game.

Here is where things get interesting.
Ok so I am really curious to know if this happens everywhere or if it is just my family. So we love the game Parcheesi. But about halfway into every game we ever play, it turns into a death match. Aka everyone gangs up on another person *cough* me *cough* and just thinks it is the funniest thing ever because I take it like a champ.
Rude.
But really it is a super fun game, and even though everyone gets frusterated and basically yells the whole time. we all laugh and have a grand ol' time. It's pretty weird. I don't know why we still play actually but whatev.

So that brings me to this morning. I am not going to recap everything I have done because my Monday's just aren't that exciting.
HOWEVER.
I did go on a slightly epic bike ride this morning. And I may sound like a broken record, but SHEESH. I love being out in the desert in the morning, just speeding up and down hills, and around corners and such like I own Las Sendas. 
Which I kind of do. 
The point is, working out at 5am is probably the greatest way to start the day.
I usually disagree with myself when the alarm rings, BUT I have discovered the perfect way to make sure I get up in the morning. 
DRINK A GALLON OF WATER BEFORE GOING TO BED.
A full bladder ensures rising extra early, which makes it much easier to simply stay out of bed, put on my gear, and go sweat my brains out.
Good thing I am the smartest girl in America.
Let's just see if that trick works tomorrow. 

And I know this is getting super long, but ask me
if I care......................................................



Yeah, I don't
So here are a few more items of business.
I am basically obsessed with a few, really 10, great songs right now, which I would like to share with the world.

1. Turn the Page (100 miles)- Rookie of the Year. It's a really simple song, but there it makes my heart really happy. Like when I pop out of bed in the morning, it's a dance party to this.

2. Mykonos- Fleet Foxes. First of all, anything to do with Greece intrigues me. Plus this song has excellent harmonies. And I am all about harmonies aka singing along with them.

3. You Are the Best Thing- Ray LaMontagne. Actually anything by him is amazing, but this song makes me want to dance at a wedding. Preferably my own, but no such luck as of yet :)

4. The Fisherman Song- Mae. You cannot, CANNOT listen to the lyrics of this song and not feel inspired. Plus, it is so incredibly BRILLIANT musically. I can't get over how talented the boys of Mae are. It is insane

5. Communication- Mae. Yet another amazing work of art. PLUS it 100% percent ties into the Fisherman Song. And that kind of correlation makes me REALLY excited.

6. My Time- Fabolous & Jeremih. Thug life, right? But seriously, this is a great workout song. It makes me feel like I can dominate everyone in the world. Or at least run up intense hills and stuff. Regardless, it is one of the few hippy-hoppy-rappy songs that I know all the words to, and I actually love it.

7. 1901- Phoenix. It's like a semi dance party song. In a weird Indie way. Great.

8. 1983- Neon Trees. This is mine and Mckay's theme song when we play fooseball. The whole Neon Trees album is fab-o, but this song is extra funtastic.

9. What Were We Made For- Saosin. Cove Reber's voice makes me gaga. This song is not so much like other Saosin stuff, but I really like the lyrics. Oh and did I mention I LOVE COVE REBER?

10. Inside Out- Yellowcard. Ok how 7th grade am I? Don't even think I care, because I don't. I had this intense love affair with the Ocean Avenue album while I lived in FL my freshman year of high school, and this song epitomizes all happy things for me. It is SUPER fun to listen to at top volume during a drive in the middle of the day. Super fun.

Ok this is absurd. I am staging an intervention with myself and ending this post right now. BYE.

p.s. remember that awesome summer playlist i created and shared a bit ago? Yeah well it has sky rocketed from 30 to 171 songs. I am probably on crack.

1 comment:

Kimber said...

i read every word of that post and loved it! haha, brookie i love how you write on your blog bc i can imagine how you sa EVERY SINGLE WORD! haha, it makes my day :)

Related posts

.