6.14.2010

weekends are for the warriors

And what a lovely weekend it was! Mom came home from camp *YAY!*... It's funny, whenever someone in the family is gone for a few days, it's like a light in our home goes out. It's depressing! Needless to say, I am glad we are all reunited. And don't remind me that Ty and Mckay leave for scout camp in a few days. sniff.

So, not much went down this last fin de semana... Just a lot of movie watching, foozeball playing, golden-spooning, dancing, rockbanding, laughing, cleaning, and fun-having.
The boys (including padre) and I went and saw Prince of Persia on Friday night.
Which I give one thumb down, one thumb half down and maybe a rasberry.
Yes, the spitting kind.
I mean, ok.
I love Jake Gyllenhal's body acting,
and the plot was okay.
But it just kind of felt like a silly movie, on action steroids.
Yes I know it is Disney.
Also did you know I love Disney?
And I guess it wasn't THAT bad.
But I liked Robin Hood better. For the record.
ANYWAYSSS

Then on Saturday, we did nothing. Okay maybe a little cleaning, and a lot of foozeball tournaments, with some rockband sprinkled here and there.
Let me just tell you. I am like slightly professional at foozeball and rockband. Like why am I not a drummer?
Or a guitarist?
Or a soccer player?
I just don't know.
Also while Mckay and I were having our jam sesh, Maggie decided she wanted to go on a picnic and started hauling our cooler all over the house.
Funniest. Thing. Ever.



how is everyone NOT in love with her? HELLO.


Then later in the afternoon, after playing 9 gruling games of foozeball, Mckay and I went to Golden Spoon
where we saw the drunkest girl EVER. What a joke haha.

Upon our return home and after gorging on Senor Taco (shrimp burritos, naturally) the family watched Invictus.
AWESOME movie.
First, inspirational sports movies always make me cry. As did this one. Automatic thumbs up.
Also, I looovvveeee Morgan Freeman, and his portrayal of Nelson Mandela was BRILLIANT.
Am I going to read his biography now?
Um yes.

Then Sunday. Oh I love Sundays.
They usually go as follows.
Wake up around 11 *probably the best part of my week*
Eat, shower, la la la.
Depart for singles ward while the family attends their ward
Come home
Crank Michael Buble
Everyone makes dinner and sets the table, while simultaneously dancing and singing
Eat on the patio
Clean up

It's not just a simple clean up though, oh no no no.
Every Sunday when it is time to do the dishes, we blast the Newsies soundtrack
And sing like there's no tomorrow. Also maybe choreograph a little bit too


It is the BEST way to do dishes, let me tell you.
Also yesterday mom decided it would be a great idea to smear the ABSURDLY green frosting from the carrot cake we were eating all over her mouth. I can vouch for her. It WAS a great idea.


How much am I Charlie Chaplin except with a green stache?


My mom is the best.

Also, look at my cute brother. AH. If he is this adorable at 12, imagine him in 5 years.
Look out ladies


So in a not-so-nutshell, this was the weekend.
Mostly, I love my family, and I think I am pretty lucky because they are the coolest.

2 comments:

Kimber said...

that made me so happy to read the title of that post :) i totally started singing the song!

green frosting...bahaha. i could totally see you guys doing that.

maggie does look freaking funny, i'd dog sit for you any day, oh wait, i'm in cali.

i freaking love you and miss you, get married

ps- you'de be very proud of my rock band skills woman, hard on guitar, ohh yeah (that was said like the kool aid man) and good job at changing your comment setting, much easier haha

Brooke said...

ah I titled this post just for you! I knew you'd remember the song :) I cant wait to see you again in August! CAN'T WAIT!

Related posts

.