8.25.2010

eye candy

So I have a not-so-secret confession.
I am obsessed with makeup.
Actually all beauty products, but especially makeup.

A few years ago, I was on yet another shopping trip to Sephora, in search of the greatest mascara they could give me. I had tried several of their brands before, but none tickeled my fancy (mostly because they weren't water proof... that is a MUST. I know. Sooooo picky)
Anyways, an ever-so-helpful beauty consultant recommended Diorshow blackout mascara and HELLO. New love affair. So for about 3 years now, I have been forking over 25 bucks a tube... NBD because I love the stuff.

But then I realized something.

Every beauty article online or in magazines that I have ever read swears by Maybelline's Great Lash mascara, especially for us oh so classy Dior lovers. You know the little pink tube with the green (or black for water proof) lid? Yeah, that one. Well, I officially decided to give it a go about a month ago, with that whole "college student on the college budget" thing. pft.

Well guess what.

I LOVE IT.

If I wasn't the one applying it every morning, I would believe it was my trusty Dior and never in a million years a $4 drugstore find. Thank heavens for budget saving values, like this gem :)

2 comments:

Kimber said...

love that you found a good (cheap)buy that you love! i'm the same with you that i want a water proof mascara but my beef is that it's a BEAST to take off, I can't do it. If you ever feel like it and don't want to hastle with the hard to get off water proof stuff-m but you're willing again to fork out mulah, clinique has this awesome one where it's "water proof" but it actaully comes off with really warm water! i love it, for me it's the only make-up i buy (which you probably know) and it's 15, so i can handle that.

i see you in what, 3 DAYSSSSS!!!!!

Brooke said...

I love you, I love your comments, and I love that I get to see you so soon! Wahoo!

Related posts

.