8.23.2010

Le guilty pleasures. Music style.

So I must admit that there are many things I very guiltily (word?) enjoy.
Like caffeinated beverages the size of my head.
And Friends marathons.
And using exercise as an excuse to eat things that would otherwise result in absurdweight gain.
Yeah. Things like that.

But today I was thinking about my musical guilty pleasures. You know, like artists I really only listen to by myself. Or only with other people who share the same guilty pleasure... which doesn't happen TOO often, but it's great when it does :) Anyways, I feel like being ultra bold and have decided to compile a list of aforementioned guilty music pleasures. Buckle up.
(it's probably not THAT crazy, but it's more fun to create such a hype.)

1. Any boy band aka mostly NSYNC and Backstreet Boys. Specially when I am sad/lonely/nostalgic... you get the idea. So sue me. I will always love Justin and Brian and their entourage.
2. Speaking of Justin... JBiebs. Yes, Bieber himself. Love him. And his sweet 16 year old voice.
3. Kenny Loggins Pooh Corner album. I LIVED on this as a child. It is like the mashed potatoes of the music world... ultimately comforting. Holla for my boy Kenny, even if he does sing songs about unicorns.
4. The Ocean Avenue album. SEEEWWWW middle school, but also sooo great to drive around to.
5. Anything Chris Brown. So what if he bites girlfriends? His voice is still ultimately sexy. And hi! look at him!


6. That Taio Cruz song "Dynamite". Oh em gee I could dance to that all the day long.
7. Owl City. I have yammered on about them A LOT. But for reals, Adam Young is one of my heroes. And I even still love Fireflies. Try not to throw up.
8. The Titanic soundtrack. HAHA this even makes me laugh. But how can you NOT love the majestic music, bag pipes and all? And Celine Dion's belt-y-ness in the theme song? I die. Also look at Leo and Kate. AH. So presh I can't even handle it.


9. Oh yeah, did I mention I love Celine Dion? Or according to Celine herself, I "lurve" her.
10. The Maine. Quite the "main"stream sound, but freak. The lead singer is hott, and so is his voice. AND his last name is soooo Irish. Also sooo hott. Proof.


11. Neil Diamond's "Don't Turn Around". It makes me feel like a powerhouse.
12. Pretty much any sappy love song. As long as the lyrics are slightly above par. Aka none of the "Baby, baby, baby OHHHHH" stuff. Sorry JBiebs, but really?
Well, that's about all I've got for today.
And I am not even 2% percent embarassed.

2 comments:

Kimber said...

i love you. i love this post. i love the fact that you're obsessed with music, it makes my heart happy. i know and love 95% of all the songs mentioned. i can't wait to seeeeeee you! and i get back on friday, yay! where are you living this semester anyways????

Nicole said...

Remember when we used to listen to Backstreet Boys all the time? Oh wait, was that yesterday? Our love for them will never die. (P.S when I first typed out boys, I accidentally wrote boi HAHA)

Same goes for the Titanic soundtrack. The soundtrack of our lives.

But you forgot to mention High School Musical.

Related posts

.