8.09.2010

to bathe or to bask?

As mentioned several times previously, I Capture the Castle is one of my favorite literary treasures. Cassandra Mortmain offers such charismatic insights, and just puts my feelings into words, but in the most beautiful way! AH.

Anyways, at one point in the book, she is taking a bath and she goes on to describe several things about bathing. I couldn't agree with her more fully.

"I believe it is customary to get one's washing over first in baths and bask afterwards; personally, I bask first. I have discovered that the first few minutes are the best and not to be wasted-- my brain always seethes with ideas and life suddenly looks much better than did."

Isn't this the truth! And then the water starts getting cold and I realize I should be done basking and actually bathe myself, which was of course my original intention.
She then says this, which is my favorite.

"Noble deeds and hot baths are the best cures for depression."

Of course there are quite a few other cures for depression aka chocolate for days :) but these seem to be the fastest fixes. Just make sure there are some candles included... aka Capri Blue's Volcano ... and what do you have? Oh yeah. HEAVEN. Thank you Cassandra for confirming these things :)


No comments:

Related posts

.