8.10.2010

here at the end of all things

Well, not really the end of ALL things...
just the end of all Arizona things for a while.
Yes yes I am returning to Provo IN TWO DAYS.
It's always a teensy bit sad to leave my sweet family, my darling friends and my lovely mesa, but I am SOOOO super excited to be back in Provo again that I may or may not get an ulcer thinking about it (the good kind of ulcer, happiness-induced of course).

So, in light of my plethora of emotions concerning the matter, I have heretofore decided to compose the following lists. (how's THAT for a verbose sentence)

*hem hem*

Things I will miss about my dear home of Mesa

1. Being with my family every day, especially evenings and Sundays. That is when all the magic happens.
2. Football games for Mckay and Ty. AND Mckay is playing for Red Mountain this year boo.
3. The beautiful winter and spring weather aka THE reason to live in az.
4. Golden Spoon, Yogurtland, Yogurtology, In-N-Out, Tia Rosas, and all other food-y things associated with Arizona (yes there are now 154 In-N-Outs in utah, but hello. It's utah.)
5. My baby girl aka Maggie the bulldog.
6. My darling room.... and the fact that I am the only one living in it.
7. Tiffany Smith, my favorite co-worker EVER.
8. Being home on my birthday.
9. Shopping trips with madre.
10. Mill Avenue
11. The smell outside at 5am
12. Driving on the 202 at night with the windows down
13. Circle K and QT drinks
14. San Tan village and the puppy store with my family
15. The sunsets

Quite the list yesh?! Mesa is a pretty great place if I havent made that ever so clear enough.
Now in contrast, because of course I do love Provo too...

*hem hem*

Things I am excited about in my imminent return to Provolone


1. Football games. I love my Cougs.
2. EVERYTHING FALL. The leaves changing, the smell, the sweaters, the boots, the school-ness, the bonfires, the chilly evenings, halloween.... ALL OF IT.
3. Being on my beloved BYU campus again. With so many people that I adore.
4. The lights in the trees at Christmastime
5. Operas in the HFAC. Also, other musical events
6. Walking through the bookstore between classes
7. Living with my life-long friend Lauren Adkins
8. Spoon Me, Cocoa Bean, Cafe Rio... all things food-y in Provo :)
9. Seeing old familiar faces on campus
10. Partying with my 7 chinese brothers and other fun people
11. HARRY POTTER 7
12. Married friends, and their babies :)
13. Running by the temple and MTC
14. Spanish classes coming out my ears
15. Springtime, one full of happiness, love and flowers (just like the 60's)

Well there you have it.
I think to sum it up I can just say that I am pretty lucky to have such wonderful homes to travel back and forth between.





p.s. "imminent" does NOT sound like a word if you look at it for too long.

p.s.s. Also in honor of summer ending, I deem it appropriate to list all the wonderful books that I had the priveledge of reading whilst school was out *sigh*. Simply for memories sake, because they have all made me very happy. And apparently I am in a list making mood.

-books 2 and 3 in the Kingdom and the Crown series.
-Hunger Games
-Catching Fire
-I Capture the Castle
-The Help
and I will finish these three before school starts, mark my words
- The Last Lecture
-Pride and Prejudice
-Mockingjay (THE COUNTDOWN IS ON!)


Bee tee dub, The Last Lecture has been one of the most life changing books I have ever read. The kind of -make-me-question-who-I-really-am- life changing. HIGHLY recommend it.
And eeshka I am so thankful for literature. It makes life really happy :)

2 comments:

Kimber said...

i freaking LOVE this post! love all the az things but really love all the provo things! i can't wait to be back too and have you back there with us where you belong!! long live provo happiness, love and flowers!

Natalie said...

Awwwwww sad to lose you in AZ :(

Related posts

.