9.24.2010

fanstatic things to be in love with on this happy friday

 Hoorah for another fall out boy themed post title.
Also panic at the disco? Yeah pretty sure they do it too.

So, It's Friday, obviously the best day of the week... and as such, requires unadulterated happiness from all... here is a list of things to be in love with today. Or at least, things that I am in love with today.

1. "Boy with a Coin" by Iron and Wine. It's so weird, and tribal, and underwater-esque. But wow I really enjoy that song.

2. "Tiger Mountain Peasant Song" by Fleet Foxes. The beginning is so haunting! I just wish I knew the words so I didn't have to go around my apartment singing it like an Avox. Aka like I have no tongue because I just holler the whole time. I hope my neighbors don't mind...

3. "Africa" by Toto. I listened to it while walking to campus this morning and I felt like I was in an 80's adventure/romance movie. SO GREAT.

3. The Strokes. First, Julian Casablancas is insane talented. Also, sweet last name. ALSO, their music is sooooo great. Every song makes me uber happy. Especialmente Someday, Last Night, and You Only Live Once.

 Yeah, he is pretty cool.

4. Promise this is the last music related item that will be on this list... the James Horner pandora station. Talk about epic! It's really hard listening to soundtracks like Braveheart, Narnia, Harry Potter and Titanic while I am at work, mostly because they make me feel like I need to be doing something reaallllyyy cool aka not posting jobs and managing linkedin groups. ahhhh such is the life in the Hinckley Alumni Building haha.

5. How strikingly green the grass has been looking lately. This morning after my media writing lab, I was walking around campus and the grass was so bright it was almost blinding. And i loved it.

6. Wearing nylons even though it's really hot outside and probably inappropriate looking. Maybe if I keep pretending it's chilly, it will happen. Or not.

7. The pumpkin spice candle in my apartment. For only 3 dollars, it actually smells like fall IN OUR LIVING ROOM. I freaked out yesterday when I walked downstairs and realized it actually worked. I LOVE AUTUMN.

8. Roommate's boyfriends slash fiances. It's so nice to have built in man-friends like that. Plus they are usually really funny, and I can wear my pajamas minus makeup without caring a stitch. YES.

9. The websites "Stuff White People Like" and "1000 Awesome Things". Trying to have a really awesome day? Visit one of these, you will feel 100% better. I especially like the commentary about Ray Ban Wayfarer sunglasses. SO true, and SO hilarious.

10. Cereal concoctions. Like my breakfast this morning. A combination of 1 banana, 3 strawberries, go lean crunch, and blueberry happy sunshine supreme (or something kind of like that. i hate when a cereal has a retarded name, bt dub.)

Now I am even more happy then before.
Viva Friday!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Oh what? I'm commenting on your blog? Shocking.

I can't believe that you are wearing tights today. I want to be in a freaking swimsuit, it's so hot outside.

But cool post. Are you wearing animal print today bt dubs? lolz.

Related posts

.