9.22.2010

Viva España. OH WAIT.

Oh hey me and my Latina roots.

So I am in this Spanish class right now. 
And it's terribly frustrating for several reasons.

A. I don't even need the stinking class, so it's 4 credits that I am taking, worth NOTHING. And I still have to take calculus next semester blegh.
B. I have learned all this stuff SO many times, but what? I am still incompetent? The ridiculous thing is I can read and understand it pretty well, but then I have to speak and my mind goes blank. No. Less than blank. And then I start to think I can't do ANY of it, and I freak myself out... 
ALL THE DAY BEFORE AN EXAM. That's bad news with a capital B folks.
C. We don't listen to any Spanish music, ever. Come on profe, hit me with some Mana, or Juanes, or even Shakira or Ricky Martin for goodness sakes! Anything to make the class more exciting. Also, add to my repertoire of cool spanish songs.

Ok so that's only three things, but still. The combination is enough to make me go crazy. 
Mayyybee I will skip on Friday.....

In other (and contrastingly positive) news, here are some great things I have been thinking about lately. Buckle up, it's about to get disjointed in hurr.

1. I LOVE JDAWGS. Provo's greatest local joint by far, and you get a full meal for only 5 bucks. AND last week when I was there, MAE came on. While I was with Nicole. It was the most inspiring/epic moment of my whole month probably.

2. I was really  disappointed that I wasn't going to be able to go to the football game this Saturday, but then I remembered "Oh wait. I have tickets to the actual Relief Society Broadcast, and BYU's football team isn't doing so great right now." So really I am in luck. Plus, how much does the relief society broadcast with the roommates call for a trip to ice cream afterwards? Let me tell you. 100%. Which is obviously exciting.

3. I keep wanting to watch a movie of epic proportions. As in pretty much make in an every day habit. Something along the lines of LOTR/Harry Potter/Narnia/Australia/Hook/The Last Samurai/A Beautiful Mind/Gladiator/Master and Commander/Cinderella Man (Russel Crowe trend much?). Yes yes I know these movies are all very different, but they all have fantastic scores and beautiful plot lines. Which obviously makes for an epic movie-watching experience.

4. Fall is coming. But freak, I wish it would come faster! The only good thing about the weather taking a long time to cool off is it means that winter will take longer to get here. Which is really good I guess, because I am not ready to handle Jack Frost and all his minions yet.

5. My bad dreams have stopped! (For the time being). Por ejemplo (how's that spanish practice for yeh?!)... the other night, I had a dream that I was at the zoo, playing with baby elephants, AND puppies. It was so much fun. And now that I read what I just wrote, it was also pretty gay apparently. But mostly fun. That's the important part.

Look. baby me with baby elephant. 
JOKE.

6. Since I got all mono-ed at the beginning of the summer, I have been incapable of running more than a mile at a time. PATHETIC. But I have great news. I conquered the pavement this morning and ran just under 3! That is a huge feat. Soon, I will be up to par again and I won't feel stupid talking about the menial mileage I run in the morning.

7. I really love my roommates. Like really. Like we have all agreed that we each definitely prayed our way into our apartment. And it has been a party ever since. Trying to stay up until 3am every weekend? Come on over.

8. I turn 21 in 40 days exactly. Basically I am really excited. Even though 21 still sounds really young to me. Which is ok I guess, it's not like I am trying to age super fast aka Benjamin Button style. Except not really Benjamin Button style because that makes no sense. (p.s. I still get grossed out when I think of him saying "I'm 7... but I look a lot oldah." I much prefer the real Brad Pitt to the shriveled old man version of him. GAG)

8 is a pretty good number so I am going to leave it at that. And now, despite my argling about Spanish, I feel much better. 
¡Haga un día lindo estar vivo!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

you kill me. every single time I read this.

Related posts

.