9.17.2010

pancakes and waffles and crepes, oh my! like really, OH MY!

This morning I realized something lovely. I mean, SOOO LOVELY.
So I rolled out of bed, but instead of heading straight to the shower as per my usual routine, I decided to get all comfy and go downstairs to eat breakfast first. Lucky for me, one of my roommates was also up, so we got to chat and eat together. So I'm sitting there on the stairs,

and you know what dawned on me?
(haha dawned. because it was morning.... i'm so punny)

I LOVE BREAKFAST TIME.

First, it's really nice to connect to people in the morning. Everything is so fresh and new. And there is something about pajamas and bed head that makes people seem so much more endearing, and almost vulnerable. It is really refreshing to take some time at the very beginning of the day to just talk with the people around you. Like taking care of the most important thing before anything else. It's especially nice when everyone can recall their dreams from the night before and relive them with everyone else. Bonus points if they are funny. It feels really good to laugh at 7:30 in the morning when you would soooo rather be sleeping.

AND UM, LET'S NOT FORGET THE FOOD.

Whoever said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, forgot one key detail: it's the most important and DELICIOUS meal.
Let me put this in perspective.

-French toast
-Pancakes
-Eggs (whichever you prefer... including omelet style, which I think is the best)
-Waffles
-Oatmeal
-Hot Chocolate
-Crepes
-Cream of Wheat
-Yogurt and Granola
-Toast
-Bacon
-Sausage
-Cold Cereal
-Donuts
-Cinnamon Roles
-German Pancakes (probably a fav of mine. such a staple in my house)
-Hashbrowns
-Fruit
-Smoothies
and hey, even the occasional...
-Cold pizza. LOVE.

I just drooled a little after re-reading this list. So not only is breakfast time a really wonderful time of the day, but it also includes an incredible plethora of delicious eats.

WHO DOESN'T LOVE THAT?

No comments:

Related posts

.