11.30.2010

they're heeerrrreeeee.....

Not a poltergeist reference, but rather a reference to...

THE HOLIDAYS!! 

They are here!
Technically I guess they have been here since about Halloween... but when the sky starts dumping snow on my little town of Provo, and it's appropriate to play Christmas music, and Thanksgiving has come and gone, and school is over in just 2 measly weeks.... 
THAT'S when it really feels like the holidays have hit. 
L.O.V.E. 
And they make me a lot happy. So in light of said happiness..
JIGGAWHAT?!
a happy list :)


1. Martha Stewart's website. I mean, chello! Great recipes, adorable decor, and a whole lot of fun party ideas. My online heaven, srsly.
proof of how GREAT Martha makes things.

2. Brian Stokes Mitchell. I have always loved his voice, but it has had me under a spell the last few days. Plus, he is adorable. SEE?!

3. Temple square lights. I haven't seen them yet this year, but the thought alone has me slightly giddy :)
4. Knowing that my mom has pulled out all our Christmas decorations, and that I am only 3 weeks away from seeing them!
5. The fact that I finally got to take my spanish final. Now I just get to conquer the benchmark exam this weekend! buhhhhh....
6. Spending an evening in the library. Since I usually study at home or in the Hinckley building this semester, the times that I do go to the library are extra fun. And as sarcastic as that sounded, I swear it's true. I feel so bonded with the other studious people... like we are all in our own little lonely, learning-infused world, exhausting our brains for hours and hours together. I especially love coming out and seeing the Christmas lights before walking home. It warms my heart enough that the frigid walk isn't so terrible  
7. Gloves. Holy cow, I appreciate those babies.
8. The jazzy Christmas Pandora station. For example, a cd called Suave Navidad came on today while I was at work. It made me laugh, also really happy. So did all the Frank Sinatra songs. Good ol' blue eyes!
9. My dear missionary friends. As my girl Celine would say, I LURV THEM.
10. Technology. Tomorrow night, I get to video chat with 3 of my bestest-estest friends, all thanks to the glorious electronic world! It blows my mind.
11. People who love Mae. I met another loyalist yesterday... who just happens to share my name, and also just happens to be one of my amazing visiting teachers. I LOVE HER.
a picture of my boy Dave, simply because I heart him

12. Cough drops. They keep my hacking at bay. NAST.

Well there you have it. 
Happy Christmas, Harry!

No comments:

Related posts

.