12.02.2010

a funny story from my ever-so-cool life

So I just remembered this yesterday... so I didn't really JUST remember this but hey.... and I thought it would be a good idea to share. First, because it's humiliating and still makes me sick to think about. Second, regardless of the aforementioned sick feeling, it really makes me laugh more than anything.
So this one time...
  my friends Shawntae, Kara and I decided it would be so fun to go to a young single adult bowling activity.
LIE. 
Can you say fire hazard/way too many sweaty 20 somethings/not enough room to BREATH/huge waste of time? Yeah, I can too.
So anyways, I was being 100% serious about the fire hazard. We got kicked out of the building, and had to rotate how many people were inside at a time. NBD, I was suffering from a heat-induced heart attack anyways. So there we were, waiting innocently when we saw 3 moderately attractive young men (we'll call them tallblonde, darkandhandsome and jose), looking rather lonely, just sitting outside as well. 
And fancy this, they kept looking our direction!
So then Brooke get's this great idea, that went something like this:
"HEY! Those three guys over there TOTAAALLLLYYYYY keep looking in our direction! Maybe we should be all bold, grow some kahunas and go over there and TALK to them?! OH EM GEE we could have like, THE FUNNEST night of all time!"
It took a little more convincing to get my friends on board, but after much prodding, they agreed.

PAUSE: In a situation like this, why am I always the one who has to do all the talking?? Like this one time, a creepy pseudo rapper/semi retarded serial killer thought it would be cool to talk to Nicole and I at Jdawgs for no reason. She went mute, and I was left to fend for us. I mean I know I am such the great talker, but I don't understand why my compadres always leave me hanging in situations like this. That being said...

We went over there and after a good 3 minutes of rambling small talk (done by yours truly, natch), tallblonde stood up and wrapped my friend Kara in this ginormous and incredibly awkward bear hug. And then darkandhandsome and jose, who were steadily looking less and less attractive, started telling us how tallblonde and Kara should get married because they would make beautiful babies and blah blah blah.
KEEP IN MIND WE JUST MET THESE WEIRDIES.
THEN they started telling us how they go to the U (gag) and how they were there in Arizona selling pest control and they have a really great condo in Scottsdale all other douchey things about their lives.
By this point, my brain is all:

"Hey IDIOT! Look what you got yourselves into! They are probably wearing ed hardy undershirts, and they most likely rocked out to Nickelback on their way here."

Touche brain, you are probably right.
Anyways, after about a half hour of painfully douchey conversation, we finally slinked out of there without getting roped in to going to Filibertos with them.

Needless to say, I don't do things like that anymore.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

HAHA I'm so sorry about that Jdawgs incident. I really couldn't help but go mute, it was so stressful.

also, they were so listening to nickelback

Related posts

.