2.14.2011

Don't knock it.

Guess what I did this weekend. 
NOTHING.

False. I did a lot. But the great news is that none of it included homework. 
 Let's start with Friday. I took an Econ test after I was done working (BOO), then I went to the grocery store. And bought lots of good things, but mostly I was just excited about the 2 boxes of couscous (one of which I may or may not have eaten later than night at 2am...)
 couscous, i love you

Then I went with a gang of friend to Cafe Rio, BLISS, after which we hit up Provo's HOTTEST improv club, Comedy Sports (as 100% gay as that sounded, I am being so real. I was dying of laughter for the full 2 hours). Then I came home and sat on my kitchen floor talking with my roommates until 3:30am. 
It felt nice to be a little irresponsible like that.

And then there was Saturday.
I began my day with every intention of magnifying my student-ly duties and studying my brains out. 
Then I realized something
Over the prior week, I had 4 massive tests that just assassinated my life, as well as any shred of mental capacity I had left by Saturday morning. So at 10:30 am, I decided that I was giving up and I was just going to go to the basketball game. Which I did. And it was lovely. And it just reminded me how much I love BYU and all things BYU sports related. And Jimmer.

Fredette about it.

Then I got to spend the rest of the evening eating good food, listening to good music, watching a good movie (if you haven't seen Meet Joe Black, add that to your bucket list... because that movie is unreal), and laughing with one of my favorite good friends Nicole. 

Then Sunday. 
Oh glorious Sunday.
Firstly, the weather was beautiful. It felt like this all day.


We also had stake conference, which just brought on all sorts of life-changing moves on my part. 
I am so thankful for wonderful, inspired people.
Then got to watch Ratatouille and take the best nap of my life, followed by a very therapeutic and much needed drive up Provo canyon. To top everything off, I had a really nice evening with hilarious friends, during which we discussed a lot of important issues... including, but not limited to which of our ward's current couples will be engaged by the end of the semester. And other similar issues. I laughed a lot.

And now there is today.
The "dreaded" Valentines Day.
It's funny, I really don't mind this holiday. 
I mean, there is a lot of irony in the fact that the last 3 years in a row, I have been in a relationship until the week or so before the 14th (do I secretly hate getting flowers and chocolate and other nice things?? I didn't think so but my past would say otherwise....)
So anyways, you would think I would have a lot of animosity towards this day.
But I totally don't.
The weather is gorgeous, 
And this song is making me really happy 

Ok now I am done. 
Sorry about my verbose tendencies sometimes.
All in all, despite the homework onslaught that will happen over the next few days, I had a really good weekend. And this week is looking just fine too.

Oh and p.s.!
Arcade Fire winning best album of the year at the Grammy's last night?? I mean let's be real that's enough to make my day alone. Take that, Lady G!

1 comment:

Alexis Kaye said...

You are so funny!!! and you should totally try quinoa, because it's delicious. Better than cous cous, and even better for you!!!

Related posts

.