4.06.2011

Throwback yeeeeah!

Today is a good good day.

No reason in particular, I just decided to make it that way.

(Here's a secret. I actually woke up in a really foul mood because I dreamed that my sweet roommate Claira and I were super mad at each other. So in turn, I felt kind of mad. It was terrible. And I didn't want to deal with being in a bad mood all day, so I made the decision while I was applying my mascara to BE HAPPY. So far it's working)

So here is the biz today. 
I have been listening to Something Corporate all morning, and it's the BEST.
First, Andrew McMahon is brilliant.
And inspirational.
And adorable.
Second, it makes me feel like I am in high school again. Which normally I'm not trying to do every day, but I have some fantastic memories with SC. 
Riding the bus (i guess that's fantastic??), running cross country, playing softball, hanging out on the golf course behind my house, playing on the beach, driving from seminary to school... AHHHHH.
Third, walking around campus and listening to "I woke up in a car" and "I wanna save you" makes me feel like I am in a movie. It's an almost out of body experience. 
Goober-ish? YES. 
Awesome. MORE YES.

Also, I'm pretty sure I have made this clear, but I adore Adam Young.
And what happens when Adam and Andrew collaborate?
A musical mashup of understated, but still surprisingly epic proportions of course!


One of my very favorite things about life is this:
the fact that scents and music are two of the strongest things we associate with memories.
I feel like this is proven to me on a daily basis.
THINK ABOUT HOW GREAT THIS IS...

We move.
We go from school to school.
Have a tremendous summer.
An epic road trip.
A day at the beach.
Fall in love.
Live through heartbreak.

Things that are so poignant at the time, that just move us. Burn their way into our hearts. And you want to remember these things!
How lucky are we that we have been given things like music to help us remember?


Also, just to get this out there in case anyone,
aka my roommates,
think I am crazy,
I feel like my inner graphic design/interior decorator has gone BERSERK lately.
My newest favorite hobby is looking at color pallets and flower arrangements.
I SERIOUSLY admire people who can put together such aesthetically pleasing things.
Case in point:
These are made of freaking PAPER!
Kills me.

Anyways, that's about all I've got today.
It's time I address my impending Econ exam that I have been pretending doesn't exist all week.
BUH only two more weeks of this madness!

No comments:

Related posts

.