5.03.2011

Confessions. And no, this isn't an Usher song.

Want to know something absurd? 
Also something I am pretty proud of?
I just finished my third year of college, and had never played ultimate frisbee.

SAY WHAAAA?

Yeah, pick your jaw up off the floor, it's true. It was sort of my personal goal freshman year to avoid getting sucked into the ever-popular, especially in the LDS culture, sport. 

Well.

Last night I broke my streak, 
and joined the ranks of players of ultimate.
And let me just tell you.
I loved it.
I probably sucked a whole lot more than I realized, but I don't even care.
I have this thing where I get super into a sport 
(all through high school, it was capture the flag. LIE. it's still capture the flag. I am in love with that game.)
And I just run around like a loon, trying my darndest to be intense, but usually failing.
I'm sure it's pretty entertaining. But I don't care, I just love running around like said loon. 
And with summer so graciously peeking its head around the corner, I have a feeling I am going to be doing a lot of that over the next 4 months.

*QUEUE DEEP SIGH OF CONTENTEDHAPPINESS*

Also, it feels incredibly weird that I am not home for the summer.
Especially that I am not home working at my beloved car dealership.
Basking in the glory of the early morning sun.
Driving 30 minutes on the 202, both ways, every day.
Sweating my brains out as I walk from the employee parking lot.
Drinking way too much free Diet Coke from the cafe.
Going to Baja Fresh and Last Chance with dear Tiff on my lunch break.
Socializing with way too many car salesmen.
That's been my life the last 4 summers.
It's bittersweet to kiss it goodbye.
How cool and retro right?!

And finally, as if I needed something to propel my Harry Potter obsession 
(I may or may not have read books 3, 4, 5, and 6 eight times. NBD)
LOOK AT THIS
I am dying. This makes me want to start the entire series over and read from the beginning. Just as an excuse to use this. Ridiculous? Yes. Awesome? MORE YES. 

Anyways, it's a beautiful day. And I'm off to enjoy it.
Peace up, atown down.




(oh hey Usher)

No comments:

Related posts

.