6.02.2011

just call me Lance. as in Lance Armstrong.

Once upon a time, about a year and a half ago, I did my first triathlon. 

Queue chorus of :
"OH EM GEE BROOKE YOU ARE LIKE, SO HARD CORE!"

I know.
Why do you think I do such cool things?
Anyways, basically  my favorite thing about the tri was training. 
13 solid weeks of it.
And I loved every second.
(Minus the days I had to get up at 4:45am to beat the AZ heat. But even then, I still sort of loved it.)

And lately, I'm just dying to do that again.
It doesn't help that my road bike is just sitting in my kitchen, begging to be ridden.
(Also begging for the back tire tube to be replaced. But don't worry about it....)
I have a feeling this week, my inner cyclist is coming out to play. And she will be around for a while!

In other news, here are my daily gratefuls. Mostly this is necessary because I am super happy today for no apparent reason.
1. It's Thursday! My favorite day of the week! EEE!
2. I get to see Noah and the Whale tonight with two of my favorite peeps, Jennifer Burkinshaw and Kaylie King. Also, we are going to a divine philly cheese steak place for dinner beforehand. Sounds like a great night, no?? Also pretty sure Charlie Fink is one of the most gorgeous British men to grace this earth.
So, you do the math.


3. It's another beautiful day here in Provo.
Last night, my roommates and I went on a walk, and I was so struck by the beauty of this little town.   
It's so perfectly imperfect.
None of the houses or apartment complexes match, it's all just sort of haphazardly thrown together. The thick trees and overgrown grass with the dandelions cheekily poking their heads through, cars lining every street, random construction everywhere... it's all so fresh and perfect and wonderful feeling. And it gets even better when there are gobs of other people out enjoying the evening with you.
Provo, I LOVE YOU.

4. I get to see my sweet brothers next weekend.
I've already got epic plans, some of which include playing lots of Foosball, driving everywhere with the windows down, Golden Spoon erryday, shooting hoops, and playing lots of rockband.
Best two weeks ever!

So basically if I keep going, I will die of happiness overload.
Aka, the end.

No comments:

Related posts

.