6.06.2011

oh, how i love this little life of mine

Seriously as I walked to work this morning, I felt like my heart could burst. 
The breeze was warm, the sun bright, the song on my ipod happy, body rejuvenated, mind fresh and ready for a new week...
Just call me Captain America because I was ready to take on the world. Still am, as a matter of fact.
I love days like today.
Why? Because I step back and realize how good things really are.
Life may not be perfect.
I may not have tons of money, or gobs of free time, or live in a super great apartment,or whatever...
But I have more than enough.
In this little town, in my little world, with my sweet friends and family, I am unadulteratedly happy. 
And really it's just taking the time to appreciate the small things that makes that possible. 
I'm glad I remembered that this morning, because I feel more joyous than I have in weeks :)

In other news, here's a little weekend highlight/recap/update, whatever:
Friday:
- Trip to sonic for happy hour, natch.
- Sushi with amigos Kaylie, Seth, Abby, Kyle, Jenny and Sam. It was. todiefor.

All of the following photos are courtesy of Abby. Word.
- A visit to the most epic park you will ever see, ever. Seriously, the swings are on a moving swing set. MOVING. SWING. SET. Those are my 3 new favorite words.
- A trip to the darling dessert place, The Chocolate, where I ate the most delicious cazookie of my life.
- Driving around blasting Justin Bieber. Doi. 
P.s. how great is it that Kyle is his number one fan? Seriously, the kid saw Never Say Never in theaters 3 times. 
And at least one of those times he went by himself. 
I mean, that's why we are friends.
- Then I'm pretty sure we just did stupid things in our apartment for the remainder of the evening. Like watching The Bachelorette at 3 in the morning. What's new.

Saturday:
- Woke up at 11. After a week of waking up at 6 everyday, I don't even feel bad. 
- Jdawg reunion with dear friend Lauren Noorda, who just returned from a stint in South Africa. 
No big deal, right?
- Shopping with the homies, including the mall, Lowes, Sonic, and the grocery store. 
- Dinner at an incredible Salvadoran restaurant with a nice gentleman.
- Trip to Coldstone (Yeah I know. We really need to stop eating out so much. I can't help it. It's too fun.)
- Yet another jaunt in the park. I'm starting to feel like it's my favorite place in the world. 
Oh wait. Because it is.

Sunday:
- Lovely lovely church.
- BBQ with roommates and extended family (of said roommate)
- Heat-Mavs game. Which, oh wait, we dom'd. 
- Another nice walk to, you guessed it, THE PARK.
- Temple hill drive with roommates Sam bam and Jburk. 
Followed by a battle of epic proportions, that ended with Jenny's bed soaking wet and Sam getting thrown into the shower. And Sam going crazy, resulting in the following pictures:

This is probably my new least favorite, but also most favorite picture of myself. As 100% mad as I look, I was definitely the opposite. 
I know this because I was playing Angry Birds on my ipod. I'm always happy when I play that game!
Also, how cool am I for sleeping in my swimsuit? I was just that hardcore about tri training in the morning.

Anyways, it was a beautiful weekend. In every way imaginable.
Obvi.

p.s. Just so you are aware... If you are a hummus fanatic like such as myself, you may think you will love every hummus flavor possible.  
Warning: Don't be deceived
Artichoke and garlic flavor is probably one of the grossest things to ever cross my lips.

2 comments:

Aleesha Burke said...

I agree artichoke flavor is low on the list of hummus flavors. You should try the roasted pine nut if you haven't. Also I thought you might like this new restaurant by my house. May be you have heard. It is called CREPES. They are delicious. It is on 1600 S and State Street in Orem.

Amy said...

i love the moving swing set!!!

Related posts

.