8.01.2011

things I have learned in the last week

- As much as it probably shouldn't, retail therapy 
(aka shopping. calling it "therapy" dissipates the guilt a little bit...)
makes me feel so much better about life. 
Especially when you find smokin deals. And really cool moccasins.

- When you want/need to feel hardcore about life, just listen to your workout mix. 
By the time you actually have to go run/bike/swim, you will be so pumped that you can conquer the world. 
Maybe this has been my routine for 2 weeks now....

- Sometimes it's cool to skype with your dog.
REALLY cool.
After all, whose NOT trying to look at this face all day long?

- As much as I love how much certain music is associated with certain memories and people,
I really DON'T like this:
When you feel like you can't listen to certain songs or artists because they are associated with said people and memories. Some things just leave a bad taste in your mouth, you know?

- I really miss teaching and taking piano lessons. My inner classical pianist is slowly dying....
And I can't believe I just admitted that.

- I have seen my family a TON this summer. 
But that doesn't change the fact that I am stoked out of my mind to go home tomorrow.
Just cross your fingers that I don't melt before I have to come back to Provo....

- On a more serious note, I have learned that patience really is a virtue. And one that I need to work on, as was made apparent to me on multiple occasions this weekend. 
I am thankful for things like that. 

- I really like not knowing what is ahead of me at this point in my life. 
I am excited for fall semester. 
A new ward. 
New friends. 
New classes. 
Lots of new relationships.
As well as plenty of old familiar faces.
Basically I'm just very happy with where I'm at in life. 
And I'm excited for whatever lies ahead.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Brooke, you are wonderful.

I feel like I could have written this whole post. Except the part about skyping with your dog... my dog is BORING via webcam.

I like your attitude towards your life right now.

Kimber said...

woman! you should teach me piano this year mk? seriously!! i tried to start with my SIL this summer but i got to busy and couldn't (not like neither of us will not be busy during the school year). but really, and i'll even pay you. we talk when i get back.

Related posts

.