8.11.2011

warning: this is a post about josh groban. and other nerdy things.

Really folks, I owe him a lot.
Let me explain.
I will begin by telling you a story about myself.

One morning when I was 12 years old, I woke up and heard the most interesting song coming from my kitchen.
My initial reaction went like this:
"What the crap, since when do mom and dad listen to opera music? Weirdies!"
Oh the wisdom of a preteen......
As I lay there listening, I realized something.
It was like the voice had reached out and grabbed my heart with an iron fist, and vowed to never let go.
And that moment was when I fell in love with the ever so dapper Josh Groban. 
Seriously though, my obsession was a little out of control.
His music had such a powerful effect on me that I filled an entire journal with rants about how I was going to walk to L.A. and meet him.
Either that, or just become a famous singer and woo him with my talent. 

(Both being very practical goals, obviously)

Also, I used to sign my journal "Grobangurl" every time I wrote.
And joshgroban.com was the first website I ever surfed.
I know, my cool meter is just off the charts!!

Through my deep love for Josh Groban was also born a love for Charlotte Church. 
And in my desperate effort to be a singing powerhouse like her, I decided to audition for the advanced womens choir in 8th grade.
(Women's? Really? We were 13 and 14 years old...)
As luck would have it, I made it into the choir. 
And thus, my love for ensemble singing was born.

You thought this was going to be a rant entirely about Josh, didn't you? 
Tricks. 
It's actually a rant about choir too. And how much I freaking love it.
New York City, circa 2006. 
Best choir ever.
Just a little snippet to give you an idea of what I participated in on a daily basis.
Doesn't this picture just ooze sassiness?!
So I have been listening to Eric Whitacre radio on Pandora for 2 days now, and it's filling me with so much emotion.  First, because the music is just outofthisworld beautiful.
Second, because it makes me miss my music-filled days.
How lucky was I to be surrounded by people who loved singing as much as I did,
and all through high school?
Answer: pretty darn lucky.
So really, all I have to say is I am incredibly passionate about chorale music.
And I miss it desperately.

Just listen to this, and maybe you will understand why.

RIGHT?!

No comments:

Related posts

.