12.29.2011

Lady Antebellum said it best...

"It was a perfect day"

DISCLAIMER: Engagement story and serious cheese ahead. 
Don't say I didn't warn you.

Christmas break 2011 was looking pretty normal when I got home last Wednesday night. 
Little did I know how NOT true that was. 
Thursday we prepped for Christmas. And my poor family had to deal with grouchypants Brooke because I am a baby and I missed my boyfriend. 
What are you gonna do?

Friday the 23rd started out like any normal day at home. I hauled myself out of bed a little earlier than usual in order to make it to a morning hair appointment, thus resulting in an even 
grouchier-than-the-day-before-Brooke. 
Sadly yes, it's possible.
Like I said, I'm just the baby of the century and couldn't get over missing my significant other.
And yes I wear pull-ups, thanks for asking.

After returning home and mulling over the rest of the afternoon, grandma suggested we go on a little "nature walk" of sorts.
Fine by me, I love the desert. 
Little did I know.....
So we made our way out to the beautiful Usery Park near my house and begin our trek around the baby mountain. Apparently my family was getting super anxious (WONDER WHY) and I in the meantime, had no idea what was going on. As made apparent by my blank stare. Note the dramatic faces because they knew what was going to happen literally 2 minutes later.

Just around the corner, the biggest and BEST shock of my life was waiting for me... as I was greeted by this absolutely wonderful sight.
*sidenote: moments before I saw Christian, I was talking SUPER loudly about him to my family. Everyone on his side was really entertained by this.*

He had flown to Arizona to surprise me! 
A Christmas miracle!
I thought my heart was going to come out of my chest from happiness and shock. Obviously.
And then he proposed!

You know what happens when you put butter in the microwave too long? Or a marshmallow? Or both? Yeah. That's what happened to my entire world when I saw him standing there. 
Such a silly, lucky girl.
Mom cried, dad cried, I cried, Christian cried (almost-ish. I saw a few teary blinks!)
and basically I'm still reeling.
Christian Carter, you are a dream come true. I love you times a million, and I can't wait to have you as my hubs... forever and ever!



And thank you Sydney Ulrich Photography for the wonderful photos!

4 comments:

Kimber said...

gahaha! so precious! so happy for you two! and i'm glad you called yourself grouchy pants multiple times :)

emily janette said...

ahhhhh! seriously. you are so cute. CONGRATULATIONS!!

Shanise Stewart said...

I love you Brooke! This was a perfect way to share the story of your new happiness!

Katheryn Wiederhold said...

This post is so stinkin' cute. I am so excited for you Brooke. Love that gramps & grams got to attend the fun. ;) Cute pics too.

Related posts

.