3.06.2012

paradox

I have noticed something that has me kind of stumped. 

I am a pretty emotional person, but I have never been a crier.
However, ever since Christian and I started dating last summer, I feel like I cry about EVERYTHING. Literally....... 
ev-er-y-thing
Happy, sad, bad, and everything in between.
It's like he has sent my every emotion into an overdrive that my tear ducts just can't handle.
*which I guess could be considered a good thing??*

 To put it in Kristen Bell's words, "if I'm not between a 3 and a 7 on the emotional scale, I'm crying"

Anyone else experience this?
And the more important question....Does it ever change?
Or am I bound to be a blubbering, cry-baby wife for the rest of my days?
Because if that's the case, I feel like Christian needs some kind of warning....
Either that, or an instruction manual.

(Which would include things like:
"Proper care and feeding includes but is not limited to: copious amounts of chocolate, moose tracks ice cream, foot massages, episodes of Bizarre Foods, flowers, shopping and kisses". But, you know, those are just a few ideas)

And for your viewing pleasure, to credit the aforementioned Kristen Bell...
And simply because this video is hilarious...

1 comment:

Lana said...

Same story here. I never cried until I was really in love. It's like being in love makes every other emotion more real. So much so that I cry. Cute squirrel? cry. My feelings were hurt? cry. You just did the most wonderful thing in the world? cry. I love you? cry.

It was worse for the first few months. I feel like I've gotten it a little more under control. Luckily Matt is a-mazing, and he lets me cry and hugs me. Recently the only thing that makes me cry are babies. Uh oh.

We're not broken, we just feel emotion better than everyone else, right?

Related posts

.