4.18.2012

an ode to my single life

It's weird that today is my last full day in Provo as a young 
SINGLE adult.

Call me queen cheese ball, but it makes me very nostalgic and kind of sad.
(NOT sad to be getting married. Just sad to end this chapter of my life. The only chapter I've known for a lot of years now)
So I have some things to say.

To Southridge, my utterly ghetto-but-still-homey apartment of the last 2 years, I love you.
To my wonderful ward and the people I have unrelentingly learned from and laughed with, I love you.
To my job in the Hinckley building, where I spent countless hours doing cool alumni things and having a little too much fun given the nature of my job, I love you.
To my friends, who I shared many a laugh, a cry, a sonic drink, a girls night, and a time-wasting 
sunny day with, I love you.
To my single self, the one who indulged in a little too much irresponsibility, too many late nights, too much eating out, too many shopping trips, and too much fun with your friends, I guess love you....

And finally to my dear fiance, who stepped back into my life last summer and completely changed it for the better, helping me realizes things I needed to make different in my life, and then see the things that I should be okay with. You have been with me my entire college career thus far (even if 2 years of it, you were just living in letters!), from our time of 18 year-old goofy single-dom through our engagement, and you will be with me through the remainder of it, as well as through the rest of my life... I really love you.

A lot has happened, and a lot more is yet to come. 
And all I can say is boy I am thankful for my life!

1 comment:

Kara said...

I have to say that I love this post! While I have been married for 9 months and would never, ever go back to single-dom, I really miss Southridge and being able to go to my girlfriends' place in my socks. I did a lot of growing up and falling in love there. So even if that building threatens to collapse at any moment, I still feel all warm and fuzzy and a little sad when I drive by.

Related posts

.