4.16.2012

trippin, of the road sort

As Christian and I prepare to head south this Thursday (!!!!!!!),
I have compiled a list of road trip essentials.
Enjoy.

- Pit stops. I have a little problem where I drink a TON, and thus I have to relieve myself a TON. 
It's great when you have a beautiful place to stop like Lake Powell. 
*No, I'm not insinuating that I pee IN Lake Powell. Although, it might be kind of nice.... Anyways....* 
- You must have boy band cd's, and a man who will let you listen to them.
Because let's be real, who's not trying to enjoy Justin Timberlake and Nick Carter in their glory days?!

- Beef jerky
This is self explanatory.
Also, sometimes when we drive through the rez in northern Arizona, I'm tempted to pull over and purchase some homemade jerky. Is this too sketchy? Or is the deliciousness worth it?

- A good book.
Since Thanksgiving, every time we have driven home, we have been reading "Outliers" together during the long hours. It passes the time, and provides LOTS of great conversation topics.
And over the next 3 weeks, we will be driving for approximately 59 total hours sooo.....
perfect reason to listen to the Eragon series and the Total Money Makeover to pass the time!

- Sunglasses.
So you can look into the sun and not feel bad about it!!!!

- A sun roof.
This is only applicable if it's April or later, you are driving to Arizona, and your car is cool enough to have one. Check, check, and check.

-Salt and vinegar pringles, subway, peanut m&ms and twizzlers.
We are foodie people.
Thus, we must be accompanied by our favorite eats!

- And of course, you must have a clean car, with a new air freshener, and a cute dude who you just so happen to be marrying NEXT WEEKEND.

It's going to be a good drive, I can feel it!

1 comment:

Katheryn Wiederhold said...

I am SO excited for yoU!!!! :) :)

Related posts

.