5.15.2012

jersey shore

Yesterday I saw Pauly D in the flesh.
(Ok, not for real.  But basically.)
We are definitely in New Jersey, because he was talkin the talk, walkin the walk (aka wearing Ed Hardy), and homeboy was also wearing sun glasses inside. Needless to say, it's very diverse, and a lot of people here make me laugh.

Also, I don't know if it's because Christian and I just got done reading "The Firm" together
(reading creepy John Grisham books outloud with each other is a great way to strengthen
your marriage, obviously.)
But since we are in a new place, a bit of a rough-and-tumble state if you know what I mean.....
I am like UBER freaked out to be anywhere outside my apartment without my husband.
Even sometimes with him.
Which makes no sense because I'm sure New Jersey is only marginally more dangerous than Provo, or Mesa even. I'm just slightly ridiculous, but I'm working on overcoming it. 
Aka maybe tomorrow I will go on a run in the middle of the day and not be scared that someone will snatch me up off the street.
For now though, I'm just going to blame my paranoia on Mr. Grisham.

And a few more updates.... After my short stint "selling pest control" 
and I seriously say that very lightly, 
I have decided that it is in my better interest to get a different job. 
First, so I can actually make some.... what's that word???? 
Oh yeah. 
MONEY.
Hot commodity these days. 
And second, because I felt like all the bros judged me hardcore for being the only girl in the office. 
And let's be real, it's a job much more suited for bros anyways.
(Bros are not to be confused with husband. Christian is in an awesome pest-control-selling league of his own. Seriously, the man is a super-star. Working his tail off at a horrendous job, in the pouring rain, on a daily basis, and he always comes home with a smile on his face and a hug for his lucky wife)
*bliss-sigh of a newly married woman*
What the wedding picture?! How'd that get on here...

So last week, I job hunted my life away, and stocked up on groceries. It was quite the adventure trekking to Target all by myself. Look at me, bravin' Jersey all by my lonesome!

In other news, being married is wonderful.
Like.... THE BEST.
Last week we got to go back to the temple, along with Kimber and Casey, for the first time since the wedding and it was AWESOME. What a beautiful place.
(And to the Manhattan temple no less! Amazing!)
Basically marriage is just like a perpetually awesome sleepover with the person you love more than anything!
We get to make cool meals together, eat them together, walk around in our undies together,
(let's be real, we all do it) 
and wake up next to each other for the rest of our lives! I don't know why I didn't sign up for this awesome gig earlier!
In all seriousness though, and at the risk of sounding completely cheesy....
I'm tremendously thankful to have married my absolute best friend, and that he loves me through thick and thin. I can't wait to test the waters of life with such a tremendous man by my side.

In closing, here are some pictures from lately. Enjoy. 
Husband has a thing for olives, fancy cheese and Peligrino. I happily oblige!

 About the only cool thing we did in the smokies... We drove up the beautiful Blue Ridge parkway and took classy pictures!

 Still such a babe, even with his Nacho Libre face.

 Myrtle Beach, where our favorite activity was getting sunburned and collecting every crab we could find.
Total count: 57

And finally the Manhattan temple.
After Kimber took this, she's all "DANG! I should have waited one more second, and then there would have been a taxi in the picture too!"
Oh East Coast, we love you!

4 comments:

emily janette said...

shut the front door. your life isn't even real it's so neat and happy and full of love. so excited for you and i love reading about your new adventures!

Raquel said...

Yay for being married. It really is the best. Also, I felt unsafe running in Coral Springs and then I read somewhere that it was in the top 10 safest cities in the nation, next to PROVO. Haha. That made me feel stupid real quick.

Casey said...

So I totally thought it was funny about the comment about walking around in your undies because I was thinking, could I possibly be reading this in my undies your statement is totally true! Glad you guys are here

Katheryn Wiederhold said...

Umm.. Favor... Could you got to the store call "the great gatsby" And take pictures? ha ha. Have you seen jerseylicious? Because I just might want to visit to see these reality tv show stars. Looks like a lot is going on. We sure miss you here in Utah.

Related posts

.