7.21.2012

lazy saturday

Last night I went to bed with a horrific sore throat.
And much to my dismay, when I woke up this morning, it was still on fire. 
Also, I felt like I had been wrecked in the face by a train. 
(Read: I had a murderous headache)
So to make myself feel better, I convinced Christian to skip his 6 mile run and stay in bed for an extra hour of snuggling. Thankfully, that boy doesn't need much convincing.

Here is the thing with sore throats. 
They scare the crap outta me.
Largely due to the fact that the last 2 times I have had a really sore throat, it ended up being mono.
Which translates into me being laid out for at least a month strait, unable to eat literally ANYTHING because oh hey, my tonsils are touching each other, and even though I am dead tired I also can't sleep at night.
So basically when I have mono, I'm a starving, sleep deprived human being with a pus-pocket moon crater for a throat.
Also, sorry for saying pus-pocket. 
Reality is a B, right?!

So yeah. 
Due to my intense fear, and also I feel like crap, I'm currently sitting on the living room floor, in my bathrobe, blogging, eating popsicles, and listening to Kenny Chesney.

There are wedding thank-yous that need to be finished
(don't judge me. we have moved twice and started 3 different jobs since we got married. take that, life!)
Laundry that needs to be put away, 
Grocery stores that need to be shopped, 
Dinner that needs to be planned, 
Insurance companies that need to be quoted,
and emails that need to be sent.

But instead, I'm going to take some much needed R&R and continue to sit here on the floor.
Maybe even until Christian gets home.
(Not likely. But we'll see how rebellious I'm feeling when the afternoon time rolls around....)

Now if you will excuse me, my Netflix queue is calling.

Also, I'm about to share a remedial and hilarious quote of the day with you, so I hope you are ready to laugh:
Christian, with his serious face:  "who needs to wear a bra when you've got your husband to support you?"
Me: ROFL. Seriously.

And that's all.
Happy lazy Saturday, everyone.

1 comment:

Casey said...

Get some Chloroseptic spray it works like a charm and I have found my sore throat goes away quicker

Related posts

.