9.18.2012

on being nice

A few weeks ago, I had a lovely experience that I wanted to share. 

One afternoon, I got a call from the woman I nanny for informing me that a couple would be to the house shortly for a job interview via skype. 
(He needed a quiet, empty house for said video interview.)

Anyways, they were incredibly nice, but I didn't have a chance to chat much until they were about to leave. 
A few minutes before they walked out the door, the wife came over to me and said:

"Would you like a pupusa?"


As seemingly insignificant as this sounds, it was an amazingly kind gesture.
This woman, having never met me before, and who probably won't ever see me again,
bought me lunch when they bought their own lunch.
Simply because she felt bad that they would be eating in front of me while her husband was being interviewed.

I was blown away. 
And it reminded me of something very simple. 
An act of kindness, no matter how big or small, can be very uplifting 
mood changing
and inspiring.

I want to be so much better at that.

Now let's all go out and love each other, shall we?

No comments:

Related posts

.