9.28.2012

pennsylvania

Last weekend, we had the chance to visit Valley Forge and Philly.
It was an all out blast, to say the least.

Christian and I feel very blessed.
I will admit, I came here with a less-than-hopeful attitude about making friends.
Especially since I am "justhewifeofanintern".
I am happy to say I was very wrong in my expectations. 
EVERY SINGLE PERSON here is wonderful. 
And our network of married friends is the absolute best. 

Unfortunately I have no photos of said friends, but plenty to document the trip Brooke&Christian style.
And with that.... enjoy.

SOEXCITEDTOBEHERE!


























Some highlights:

- Medal of honor grove. It made missing fall in Utah a little more bearable. It was seriously gorgeous.

- All the cutsie old houses and cabins
(that's probably not what the old residents thought, but whatevs that was 200 years ago amiright?)

- Sleeping in separate (and REALLY uncomfortable) twin beds
(actually not a highlight... just really funny)

- Authentic cheesesteaks
(even though mine was kind of awful actually...)

- READING TERMINAL MARKET AH. SO. AWESOME.

- The best ice cream ever. EVER.

- The ACTUAL CHAIR George Washington sat in during the Constitutional Congress.

- The movie at Independence Hall that maayyyyybe had me a little weepy.

All in all, it was a terrific weekend.
And I am officially in love with Pennsylvania.

1 comment:

Kirsten Wiemer said...

i went to philly once and it was so fun. i saw your guys picture with the liberty bell and i remembering there. so fun

Related posts

.