9.27.2012

5 months and some thoughts on marriage

Before I got married, I had an intense annoyance towards all those couples who would gush over their 
"1 month, 2 month, 3 month etc." anniversaries.

HOWEVER.
I have been humbled, and learned that we should celebrate that.
Because during the whole first year, those are the only landmarks you reach. 
(I mean, I guess you could celebrate weekly, but somehow that seems like slight overkill....)
And these months are precious.

And so here I am,
like a complete hypocrite,
celebrating my 5 month anniversary with my forever sweetheart.

I'm not even going to lie and pretend it's been easy.
On the contrary, it's been anything BUT easy.
3 moves all across the country, 5 jobs, and tremendous adjustments later, life has taken a toll on, well, everything.

But, I am happy to say that we are resurfacing.
We kept our heads above the water, resulting from the torrential downpour, and we are still madly in love.
PROBABLY JUST LIKE MANY OF YOU.

Which in this world, seems like an amazing feat. 

One thing I am learning is that life is unbelievably hard. 
And marriage is equally as hard. 
But you can make life a whole lot easier by clinging to the one you're married to, 
which, thankfully, also alleviates much of the difficulties in marriage!
of course that's a lot easier said than done, but when you do it.....

....It's a beautiful win-win situation. 
As long as both parties are willing to learn to be unselfish (this is a daily process!), 
and just LOVE LOVE LOVE (even if it feels like the last thing you want to do! which neeeevveeerrr happens to us of course....)
your marriage can survive what the world throws at you. 
And maybe you can even laugh about it in hindsight.

And ultimately, as we are put through the refining fire, called life, TOGETHER, 
(notice how the word is "fire"... implying that you won't escape some painful burns here and there)
we come out stronger as individuals and more welded together as a couple.

And there you have it.
My ever so wise words after 5 whole months of marriage.

Here's to forever, my darling!

No comments:

Related posts

.