10.30.2012

how to survive a hurricane

(Disclaimer: I hesitate to write this post as I normally would due to the topic.  I feel so much for those who received the rough part of the storm, especially those whose homes and lives were damaged.  I understand the somber/serious point of the hurricane, and it makes me sad.  With that being said, anyone who reads this please understand that I am not ignorant nor am I trying to make light of the situation--I am simply explaining how Christian and I dealt with the storm.)


Step 1: first and foremost, definitely DON'T go to work, like this guy here.
Chances are you wont even have the option because, OH WAIT, all the public transit is shut down.

Step 2: Sleep in. A must.
This works best if you have a cuddle buddy.
Bonus if he will also rub your back for you.

Step 3: Eat cookies for breakfast. Also a must.

Step 4: Check the weather 8 thousand times.
Also read every article about FRANKENSTORM that you can get your hands on.
Make sure you tell anyone who will listen (read: Christian) literally everything you read.

Step 5: Watch a lot of movies.
Netflix becomes your best friend.
Some examples of ones you might enjoy are:
Abbot and Costello Meet Frankenstein
Signs
Catch Me if You Can
Charade
Dial "M" for Murder
Vertigo
Maybe we watched 3 of these yesterday......

Step 6: Play Scrabble.
Play Banana Grams.
Play Quirkle.
You can even play Werewolf if you like!
This works best if you dominate every game like a champ.

Step 7: Give yourself a bangin' manicure and pedicure.
Complete with cuticle trim.

Step 8: EAT MORE COOKIES.
Also, cereal.

Step 9: Have a spaghetti dinner banquet with everyone in the Barlow Center.
Complete with Jazz music.
And never mind the fact that you've been eating all day already....

Step 10: Stay up super late because GUESS WHAT.
You don't have work again the next day.

And THAT my friends, is what to do when you are stuck inside for 24 hours straight.
Courtesy of Frankenstorm.

3 comments:

Kelsey P said...

Best post ever. I totally agree. Step 4 is especially relevant to me. Poor Jana.

Also, Jana and I thought of this:
Step 11: Answer one MILLION texts from all your random friends and extended family who never text you other times but apparently really care about you being safe in the Frankenstorm.

Katheryn Wiederhold said...

Glad your safe and you have steps for surviving a hurricane because I think your pretty great. :)

anna said...

Okay so I ALMOST did a "How to survive a hurricane" too! Love it. Werewolf was definitely a good choice.

Related posts

.