10.05.2012

welcome to the zoo, zoo, zoo

When I was a kid, I was ALL about computer games. 
My two favorites were Freddie Fish and Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo. 

Did you ever play those games?
And did Putt-Putt make you as obsessed with the zoo as I was?

(I mean, it's no secret that I was an animal loving child, but that computer game was the straw on the camel's back, let me tell you.)

Anyways, the big secret of the day is that I am actually STILL rather obsessed with the zoo.
Which is why when Christian suggested we pay a visit to the one here in DC, 
I was on that like an ape on bananas.
(nice animal reference eh? eh?)

*Tip for future DC visitors, zoo fanatics and the like: this was a STUNNING zoo. 
Totally free of charge.
And TOOOOTTTAAALLLY worth it!*






Check out the goiter on that Iguana.
Someone needs an iodine supplement, and fast.
(attn: I know it's not really a goiter. But for reals. It might as well be.)





Enthralled because the lions wouldn't stop roaring. 
SRSLYMYFAV.


This is what happens when you let Whole Foods name animals.
Here's what I don't understand:
Kevin????
I mean come on.


So much love for the zoo!




 We also went back to the National Portrait Gallery, and naturally Christian had to take a picture with his man Henry Ford.
(which explains the random, non-zoo related picture)

And then Sunday we walked down by the Potomac River.
Beautiful DC, we love you so.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

haha so many things that i need to talk about in this post:
1. remember our trips to the phoenix zoo? TEAPOT the giraffe?!
2. goiter. why do i feel like we talked about goiter john for some reason? i'm confused, but i feel like this was a joke of ours.
3. why is the otter named kevin?!

xoxo

Kelsey P said...

Brooke wins the contest for awesome.

I love the Whole Foods names the most. They get increasingly weird. I wonder if they also get increasingly healthy.

But seriously, if your mom is named Clementine and your dad is named Chowder and you have a brother named Pork Chop, your name is definitely not allowed to be Kevin.

Chantel said...

You are adorable and beautiful and have great style. And I love your bun and your clothes and your jewelry. And your obsession with animals and funny childhood computer games :)

Meredith said...

You're making me feel all nostalgic for DC. Love it!

Related posts

.