11.01.2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROOKE!!!

Today seems like a fitting day to make my debut on my wife’s infamous blog. It’s somewhat unfamiliar territory for most husbands-of-bloggers; so I am going to break from the typical rhetoric of this blog because I’m not half as witty as Brooke.

Today is her twenty-third birthday, and on this special day I want to highlight some of the things that I have learned about her over the past six months. They have been six of the best months of my life. I feel myself growing more and more with her. 



As we all know, Brooke is an incredibly capable person. From time to time, I sense that she struggles with feelings that she lacks all the conventional credentials, the things that qualify us for “official” recognition. As a husband driven for degrees, internships, connections, etc, I certainly haven’t been much help in that regard. That being said, I have learned something immensely valuable in these last six months of being married to Brooke.  I have come to realizse that she is the most determined and capable person that I know.  I am consistently amazed at her array of hidden talents.
Brooke is also very wise. It has taken me some time to understand this because of my headstrong nature. There are times when I get worked up about a small issue and she brings me back to earth with simple words. Other times, I am sure of the way to accomplish a task; however, she sees things more clearly and suggests a better route. She has a way of putting me at ease with her comforting advice and outlook. I love her for that.

Brooke is full of love and joy. I have never seen someone with more passion for things than her. If you don’t believe me, just sit her down to talk about Harry Potter or Josh Groban. She is the epitome of an enthusiast. All of this is very good for me. I am the kind of guy that lives a very tempered life. To give an example, I would buy the same groceries every week for years on end if I had it my way. I would compare my life to a bowl of chicken broth. It’s warm, but not much else. Brooke helps me to overcome my personal monotony and enjoy the flavors of life. Sometimes I feel that I am losing control and that I am getting to engrossed in these joys; yet, in these moments I see how they make us both happier. Brooke has saved both of us from insanity because of that.

Lastly, Brooke is deeply spiritual and role model for others. She is one for me. I long to be more like her. I long to have her patience and outlook. I love her more than anything on earth. She is my BEST friend. As we like to say between the two of us, she is my “Beauty” and I am her “Cutie”. May it forever be so!



In celebration of all these amazing things, I want to wish her a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Brooke you are my heart and my soul. I hope you have the greatest year yet!

With love,
Your Husband Christian



2 comments:

Katheryn Wiederhold said...

Love this so much, happy birthday brooke!

Chantel said...

ooooh mmmyyy gooossshh. I love this post!! What a freaking rad husband! I love that your husband sees all this incredible good in you. You ARE an enthusiast. And you are beautiful, and comforting, and spiritual, and so many good things! This post not only made ME appreciate you more, but it made me So SO SOSOSOO happy that you have a husband who appreciates you and lets you know it. We need that! As humans, we need to feel like our presence in the world is recognized and our good qualities are helping people. Because of all people I have met, YOU STAND OUT! I love you Brooke. Happy, happy birthday.

Related posts

.