12.01.2012

Tales from my childhood: the playground

When I was in 4th grade, my family moved to Arizona.
It was at my brand new school that I had one of the funniest experiences of my life

Sadly it was at the expense of another....
...but he used to call me Big Bird and the Jolly Green Giant, so I actually don't feel all that bad.
Consider this my revenge.
Anyways.

This school had a really sweet playground with one of those tube slides, that everyone loved of course. 
One boy in my class, a rather chunky fellow whom we will call Kevin, loved it a little too much. 
When it was time to go inside, we got in our line, and looked around in search of the one missing student.
You guessed it.
It was Kevin.

And there was no sign of him anywhere. 

Then in the distance we heard a quiet plea for "heeelllpppp".
After scouring the area, we found Kevin....

....Stuck in the slide.

I am so serious right now.
I don't remember much of what happened at this point.
I'm pretty sure my teachers ushered us away, while they commenced the task of retrieving Kevin from the jaws of the tube slide.

After about 10 minutes they succeeded, so naturally I led the class in a thunderous:
"HIP HIP, HUUURRRAAAYYYYY!"
(Little did everyone know, I was cheering because the big mean bully had been stuck in the slide for so long, NOT because I was happy he was free.
This was back during my darkest days, OBVIOUSLY)

That went on for about 30 seconds before we got our Harry Potter reading time revoked, and we had to go to lunch late.

And yes, it was completely worth it.

1 comment:

Chantel said...

HAHAHAHA!! That is hilarious!! I love childhood memories. :) Love you!

Related posts

.