11.27.2012

a few things

- Here are some snapshots from our weekend, mostly because I don't feel like detailing it all. 
But just so you know, it was a GREAT 5 days off of work.
Fur vest courtesy of some insane Black Friday shopping. 
Now I will be able to dress up like a polar bear if ever there was an occasion!
Here's a secret: 
I ABHOR these kind of olives. 
Each time I try and eat one, I'm pretty sure the salt is going to make me shrivel up and die.
But because I love my husband, and he loves these olives, I am trying so hard to learn to love them too.
Sacrifices people.
Also, 2Amys is the BEST food we've had in D.C. so far.
And that's saying something, because there are some great eats here!
Cool picture with some plants at the Botanic Gardens.




Obviously enthused by my hamburger at Good Stuff Eatery.
If you are ever in D.C., you must try their toasted marshmallow shake.
Weirdly delicious!

-Speaking of work.... today I went to Michaels with the mother of the girl I nanny, the grandmother of the girl I nanny, and let's not forget.... the actual girl I nanny. 
Sometimes I wonder why they pay me to just hang out with them all day.......

- I think I have food poisoning. 
Almost definitely.
Christian and I ate some VERY questionable fish on Sunday
(don't ever eat fish if it's been sitting in your fridge for over 3 days.... let alone a WEEK. I know. We're sick)

- Today on the bus, I saw a man writing imaginary things on the window for a good 20 minutes.
One thing I love about D.C. is all the colorful people. 
"Colorful" doesn't even come CLOSE to accurately describing things sometimes. 

- And finally, as sad as I am to be leaving this amazing city NEXT WEEK
(soooo crazy!)
I am mega pumped to be with our families in Florida for almost a solid month. 
The weather is going to be amazing, and let's not even talk about the unadulterated time with our loved ones.
It's sad that the Showalter side doesn't live in Mesa anymore, but Florida isn't a bad fall back.

Until next time, 
peace and blessings!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

i keep planning all of our trips to yogurtland and mill and thinking about new songs we can sing in the car together over christmas break, and then i remember that YOU WON'T BE IN MESA and i die a little. i miss you so much!

p.s. those olives are amazing. i have been eating them almost on a daily basis lately. way to go christian.

Kelsey Cole said...

I am seriously dying to try 2 amys! I have heard so many people say amazing things about it :) Next time I am in DC, I will for sure hit that up.

Thanks for you sweet comments! They made my day :)

Related posts

.