2.26.2013

the hand of the Lord

This weekend, Christian and I felt an outpouring of blessings.
They were very small and simple things, but they completely changed the way our weekend went.
Because of this, over the last few days. I've been thinking a lot about tender mercies.


The Lord's hand, and manifestation of His love for us, is FAR more prevalent in our lives than I think we will ever realize. Something as simple as safe travel to and from our daily destinations is a HUGE blessing from the Lord.

As I took time to realize this this weekend, I was overwhelmed by the love I felt from Him.
He didn't NEED to give us those blessings. They weren't things we were desperate for, they were simple luxuries that made life a little easier and a little happier. 
I felt so strongly that He was putting His arms around us in an embrace, saying:

"I'm doing this because I love you.
Because you are my precious children. 
And I know it will make you happy."

And to think how often He does this for all of us!
As I've thought about this for the last few days, I realized something. 
The more that we SEEK to notice the Lord's hand in our lives, the more that we will understand how much He truly guides us and the greater happiness and peace we will feel. 

I'm thankful that He loves me enough to keep teaching me simple lessons like this. 

1 comment:

Chantel said...

I love this!! Thank you!! I have really felt the same little glimpses of love lately, so this really touched me! I love you!!

Related posts

.