3.09.2013

foodie { fail } friday

*This is a day late. As I'm sure you are aware.
OBVIOUSLY I DO WHAT I WANT*

So this weeks meals were a weird conglomeration of mexican and cajun dishes. 
Mexican is always fine by me, but for some reason I really struggle to enjoy cajun food. 

Here's a story:
Last winter, I randomly felt the need to make gumbo one night. 
So I did... and then regretted it forever after. 
You guys... it was TERRIBLE
And you'r probably thinking "well Brooke, maybe you're just a horrid cook."
And maybe that was part of the problem, but only like... 40%. 
Because I'm actually pretty decent in the kitchen. 
Gumbo is just basically disgusting. 

So this week, there was a dish called
"Shrimp with beans and rice"
And really, I like all those things. So I was like
"yeah I will TOTZ cook that shiz!"
Little did I know.... It was secretly a gumbo recipe!!!!!!

GUYS.
What the name really should have been is:
"THIS CRAP WILL MAKE YOU BARF IT TASTES SO BAD"

Don't be fooled by that innocent looking dinner.
This was my face as I took my first, second and third bites.
About 1/8 of a bite later, I stopped and made Christian finish my portion for me.
And then I did what any self-respecting person would have done and went and bought myself a doughnut from Krispy Kreme.

Gross dinners be darned!
You will not get the best of me!

1 comment:

Chantel said...

Hahahah! I love this!! I love how you write because you have the best one-liners that get me laughing. No one else's blogs get me laughing out loud. LIke this:

yeah I will TOTZ cook that shiz!

THIS CRAP WILL MAKE YOU BARF IT TASTES SO BAD


Haha, love this. You guys are too fun. I'm so happy we are friends.

Related posts

.